Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
BEST PLACES TO ADVERTISE INN DIFFERENT COMMUNITIES IN ISRAEL

amother

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 12:25 am
Hi, I am looking to advertise my business in various jewish publications. Can you all help me out and post phone numbers for the diff publications taht you get? I need to start getting the word out. I am looking for those community papers, not something like binah and mishpacha. But something that comes out weekly and is free to the various communities. Thanks so much

mominisrael2

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 3:49 am
There are yahoo groups for many Israeli communities like janglo -- you have to join each group in order to post, though.

curlgirl

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 3:59 am
http://www.voices-magazine.com/

Pirsumeida (put out a few local publications)
http://www.d.co.il/74365950/40920/

The "שכונתון" in Har-nof.

shev

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 7:27 am
The Pirsumit, Lainyan

Blimi

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 2:37 pm
I've looked into:
English:
- pirusmit (anglo-charedi neighborhoods of jerusalem)
- the english update
- the jerusalem life (heard rumors this was not totally operational)
Hebrew:
- la-inyan (hebrew - charedi neighborhoods of J-lem)
- tachles (same as la-inyan)
- every neighborhood has it's own little advertising rag (beit shemesh has several)

Janglo and Taanglo are free to post on, as are all the smaller community YahooGroups. If you have a website, these are much better than the paid options above, in my opinion. It depends on the nature of your product and your target market.

Not long ago, I was involved in advertising an event. We placed ads in Pirsumit and Hamodia (EXPENSIVE!) but we got better results from the free YahooGroups and Facebook!

Like I said - it depends on what you're selling and who you're selling it to...

ora_43

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 5:20 pm
English - the OU magazine.

English/Hebrew - Hadashot.

Hebrew - B'Sheva.

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 5:24 pm
There is also the Newcomer's guide. I'm advertising in the next issue. It's not so cheap but it's really a useful guide that people use, so you will definitely get exposure.

Dev80

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 5:30 am
my business has really only advertised in the pirsumit, and we've done really well from that, from there it spread word of mouth. Hamodia, Mishpacha, and other advertisers contact us a lot, but the ads are so expensive and we're trying to target a specific audience that at this point my partner and I don't think it's worth it. But it depends who you're trying to target obviously.

Ewa-Jo--I've seen your classified in the pirsumit, and I just wanted to tell you that A LOT of our customers from the pirsumit don't have internet access, so you may want to include a phone number that they can contact. Just a thought.

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 5:52 am
Dev80 wrote:
Ewa-Jo--I've seen your classified in the pirsumit, and I just wanted to tell you that A LOT of our customers from the pirsumit don't have internet access, so you may want to include a phone number that they can contact. Just a thought.

I have been trying to convince DH that we should have a way to take orders by phone or mail-order, but he really wants to keep everything online. I tell him that charedim don't have internet, He says, well, my sister here is charedi and she has internet at work. But yes, I'm trying to figure something out. We like Pirsumit too and have gotten customers from there.

Dev80

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 5:59 am
I totally hear wanting to keep it online. We have the phone orders set up (that's me!) and people really expect crazy things, like I'll have people call me four times in a row at 11:30 at night expecting an answer, or I even had some one call me on tisha ba'av...the phone aspect DEFINITELY keeps me busier than the emails (I love when people email us, it's just so much quicker to respond!)

My partner (a family member but not dh) keeps telling me I should set hours, but at nine months pregnant I'm always taking naps at different times of day so I don't want to be responsible for those hours in case I want to nap then!

Either way, hatzlacha with your business!

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 8:07 am
Dev80 wrote:
I totally hear wanting to keep it online. We have the phone orders set up (that's me!) and people really expect crazy things, like I'll have people call me four times in a row at 11:30 at night expecting an answer, or I even had some one call me on tisha ba'av...the phone aspect DEFINITELY keeps me busier than the emails (I love when people email us, it's just so much quicker to respond!)

My partner (a family member but not dh) keeps telling me I should set hours, but at nine months pregnant I'm always taking naps at different times of day so I don't want to be responsible for those hours in case I want to nap then!

Either way, hatzlacha with your business!

I'm at home with a new baby and a 15 month-old (my older boy is in kaytana until 2) so yes, I could take phone orders if someone were paying by credit card, but a lot of times during the day, I'm out (shopping, at the park) or in the middle of changing diapers/doing laundry/feeding the baby. And yeah, it wouldn't sound so professional to take orders with a crying baby in the background...lol.

DH doesn't want the business to disrupt our family life, which I agree with. The one thing I was thinking about was only taking phone orders in the evenings.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers