Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Integrating mashiach into "real" life

amother

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 12:28 am
okay so I do try and think and live my life in a way where Mashiach is on the forefront of my mind.

I have even had discussions with others about having a suitcase ready for Mashiach but I realized there is nothing that would need to be in it, it's more about preparing yourself mentally and emotionally.

well here is where my question is:
The other night I got up to use the restroom and I heard to me what sounded like a shofar, and I thought to myself is that Mashiach, and I listed again and said ya it sounds like a horn, but I needed to use the bathroom. How does that work? I cant say that I'm at a point religiously/hashkaficly (whatever you want to call it) that I will go to sleep fully dressed just in case Mashiach comes. but what happens if I'm sleeping and I'm in PJs when Mashiach comes? I am not asking this at all to be funny or even making fun of the issue, I am totally serious, what happens if it's during the day and my kids are in school? Will I automatically know what to do? how to get them? find them?

my second question is about planning for the future. We are at a point in our lives where we are able to save a couple of thousand dollars a year towards reteirement (I know we need much more than a couple of a thousand). But if Mashiach will be here why do I need savings? will I still need savings?

If I say "I am going to save because I may die before Mashiach comes", does that mean I really dont believe in Mashiach or just that I am realistic.

I guess my main question is how do you live in this world when you are striving to reach another?

Isramom8

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 12:49 am
Even in this world, suprising events happen that can catch us unaware. When my daughter got engaged, I had to run to her chosson's parents' house. So I got dressed, and then ran. It's not like the era of mashiach will be over in five minutes. You can get dressed and then run.

As far as savings, if you don't have any, then how will you buy all the animals you will need for korbanos?

I think we need to live practically in the world we were put into, and not worry about minute details of events we can't predict or control. Your idea of getting ready in the general spiritual sense speaks to me.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 10:15 am
dh has a friend who had to sign a phrase on his apartment lease, in Jlm

that from the day Moshiach comes his famility has 2 weeks to pack out of the apartment since the landlord would like to move in there!!

now I think that is living and waiting for moshiach

but most shitas hold that life will cont as regular
ppl will need jobs and money and things will be regular
and that techias hameisim wont happen untill much much later
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics