Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Do you let your five year old daughter wear nail polish?
1  2  3  Next

ny21

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 12:19 pm
why do you let ?

and why dont you let ?

melalyse

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 7:21 pm
I don't have a five year old daughter but if I did I would let. Why not?

mom23

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 7:37 pm
I allow all my girls to wear nail polish. I usually don't wear it myself, so it's not an everyday occurance, but when I take out the polish I love to give my girls manicures.

I am sensitive to the school rule about no polish, so my girls usually only wear polish in the summer. They know that mommy has no problem with them wearing it, but a rule is a rule and they have to follow it.

As for the age, my youngest daughter is 3 and she wears it very proudly. So I don't think 5 is too young.

Tefila

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 1:23 am
The problem is that I wear a frosted pink so now she wants to wear too Confused She knows make-up is only for mummys but begs once in awhile that she too can wear the nail polish and yep I do give in sometimes. Perhaps I shouldn't Confused
Though she does it herself I don't help her with it. I would love to hear more thoughts on this

chen

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 7:46 am
When my dd was that age I didn't, but since the last time I myslef wore polish I was probably in high school, it wasn't a big deal. If someone treated her to polish--say, an aunt or a cousin--I didn't like it but wouldn't make an issue of it. While I feel any sort of chemical adornment--be it nail polish, makeup or hair coloring--is inappropriate for a young child, to say nothing of unhealthy, you have to choose your battles. A little nail color once in a blue moon is not something to battle over, as long as it really is once in a blue moon.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 9:13 am
I do my nails quite often & once in a while DD sees. School rule is no polish so if I do, it's so light, you can't see. Besides, she never lets it dry so most of it comes off a minute after it's applied.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 9:39 am
I don't remember so vividly as DD is 17 already, but we always had nail polish around the house.

Mishie

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 10:02 am
Whenever I'm putting nail-polish on my nails, my 5 yr. DD comes over and puts her hands on my lap, waiting for me to do hers.
If I have the time, I do hers too.
Usually a light pink for her.

brooklyn

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 10:21 am
My dd is not much into polish or make up yet, but the few times that she asked I let her.

ny21

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 11:46 am
why does your school , not allow nail polish?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when my kids were younger their older friends from the block would polish their nails. they have even been invited to birthday partys
at nail salons.

mom23

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 4:29 pm
I guess it falls under the no makeup rule, although they specifically mentioned no nail polish.

shlomitsmum

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 2:36 pm
My 10 gets Clear nail polish once in a while. I love french manicures we are both girly girls. Wink

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 3:40 pm
Schools go for a uniformed look. Not an individual look, whch is personalized by makeup.

Unless they think it's not tsnius.....

ny21

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 8:08 pm
my nail polish chips after two days Crying

how can I keep it on longer> shock

I heard if you use acetone nailpolish remover bfore your manicure it
last longer . LOL

also some brands of nail polish are unhealthy-

Exploding anger opi is a safe polsih to use .

lubcoralsprings

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 8:10 pm
No and yes. When she plays dress up I buy her hte nail polish that peels off. SHe likes it and it's fun. But I would never let her wear real nail polish at 4yrs. old.

raizy

Post Tue, Oct 31 2006, 10:25 pm
why not. since I only have one colour. she is not really intrested it . maybe one day when I will have time I will buy her a light pink polish. what wrong with it?

happymom

Post Wed, Nov 01 2006, 12:26 pm
Quote:
The problem is that I wear a frosted pink so now she wants to wear too She knows make-up is only for mummys but begs once in awhile that she too can wear the nail polish and yep I do give in sometimes. Perhaps I shouldn't

lol my one and a half year old always wants to put on make up when I do... I usually put some blush on her or lip gloss, its a game LOL she loves doing what I do,.. whenever I put on nailpolish I also put some on her.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 01 2006, 12:39 pm
I've seen 4 or 5 year olds getting manicured at the salon. That's a bit jappy for my taste.
Anoymous because then you'll all know I'm from Flatbush. Where else do 4 year olds get manicures?

I hope mummyof6 doesn't faint when she reads this!

shalhevet

Post Wed, Nov 01 2006, 1:08 pm
Pale Pale Pale Pale Pale

Help

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 01 2006, 1:11 pm
When we made DS' Bar Mitzvah, I went for a manicure and took DD who was then 10.

They said at the place that they don't manicure girls younger than 12. If you're younger, they only do nail polish, not the cuticle treatment and everything.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children