Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Which movies do you let your 4 t0 7 year old children watch?
1  2  Next

ny21

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 12:23 pm
which movies

do you think are o.k for a frum 4 to 7 year old child?

what about mary kate and ashley?

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 12:26 pm
do not get me started on non frum movies.. Sad

My kids had to go to a nonfrum home for two weeks, between camp and school

ARg! My daughter is still angry that I will not let her wear pants, so and so wears pants..yadda yadda

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 12:44 pm
momoftwins wrote:
which movies

do you think are o.k for a frum 4 to 7 year old child?

what about mary kate and ashley?

movies about those twins who pretend to be teenagers who pretend to be older and more sophisticated while trying to look young, but act older but still young are probably not good role models.

ny21

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 12:46 pm
I think in some of the earlier videos of them -

they do act their age.

queenyemk

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 1:53 pm
do you know what has become of these twins??
I would never subject my dd to watching these little 'girls' on the screen.
They are not good role models to anyone. They drink, sleep around, wear nothing that resembles clothing. They tabloid run lately is terrible.
I may sound like a hippercrit because I do watch movies, but it is a taiva that I am tryng hard to break before dd gets old enough to watch them with me.

as for recommending a movie to you for your children to watch what about a bugs life, toy story, ant story or something or other such movies

NOT Madagascar - that was not for kids
Shrek is a maybe, I havn't seen ant bully or any of the latest ones.

disney is not a go in my books, too violent and the girls look like sticks.

I could say Ella Enchanted or princess dairies - anne hathaway is okay to a degree. Ella has magic in it don't know if you go for that - dairies was cute

umm need to think

what about Agent Emes - can't go wrong with jewish movies!!

amother

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 1:57 pm
I took my boys to see the movie CARS... very cute

cindy324

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 2:03 pm
Quote:
princess dairies - anne hathaway is okay to a degree. Ella has magic in it don't know if you go for that - dairies was cute

what?? Princess diaries??? not for frum kids. The princess kisses a boy in it maybe more than once.

Mishie

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 2:04 pm
My kids adore all the "Pooh" movies:

- Pooh's Heffalump Movie
- The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- The Tigger Movie
- Piglet's Big Movie
- Springtime with Roo

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 2:23 pm
momoftwins wrote:
I think in some of the earlier videos of them -

they do act their age.

not for a 4-7 year old!

queenyemk

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 3:49 pm
opppssss... forgot about the kissing scene

theres no real movies where it is compelety kosher - maybe we should just forget abou them!!!

winnies is all treifa animals esp. piglet (who when I was little I really thought was cute)

JRKmommy

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 4:35 pm
My kids have become obsessed with Ushpizin - notwithstanding the fact that the youngest 2 can neither speak Hebrew nor read subtitles.

Dora the Explorer stuff is good, unless you have an issue with a cartoon, non-Jewish young child wearing shorts and t-shirt. [I don't, but that's my opinion. I just like the fact that she at least looks like a little girl - not a stick, not overly sophisticated.]

We liked some Wiggles videos. They are a group of 4 men who sign children's songs.

Do they have Little House on the Prairie episodes on video? Everyone there dresses tznius.

I also look for movies where things are really on a child's level, and not geared to marketers or adults. I also like kids to look like kids - not fashion models.

MommyLuv

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 5:17 pm
I don't have kids in that age bracket, but as a kid we only watched very innocent movies....

some that I remember are the Anne of Green Gables series, Free Willy, the Three Stooges LOL , (although kids today might reject anything in black and white.), and the early Shirley Temple movies...

Finding Nemo is great, by the way, and age-appropriate IMO.

I second Dora the Explorer-my nephew has the collection and LOVES it, and judging from the ones I have seen, it's very educational.

ny21

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 6:49 pm
what about the movie about a toaster?

what about toy story?

are they O.k for 4 to 7 year olds?

elkayed

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 7:10 pm
my daughters favorites are Lady and the Tramp and Cinderella. She also loves Barney since she was like 1 years old. Also, what about Mary Poppins? All kids love that!

Annie

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 11:08 pm
Our favorite these days are the Richard Scarry BusyTown type videos we get from the library.

My 4 year olds are scared by Agent Emes. They like Uncle Moishe videos and the 613 Torah Avenue videos as well.

The Pooh movies are also big hits, but the Springtime one has an easter egg hunt in it, so I got the "mommy, why are they looking for eggs in the grass?" question.

We like the animated Robin Hood a lot and also classic Warner Brothers -- road runner, bugs bunny, yosemite sam, etc. Also Tom & Jerry -- my 7 year old giggled harder than my 4 year olds, although they liked it as well.

Nemo had some language I didn't love hearing my kids repeat.

Diego is also good (Dora's cousin, so same theory).

I was thinking about getting some Little House on the Prairie, but don't they go to church in almost every episode?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 12:31 am
when I was a kid I loved pippy longstockings

shopaholic

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 9:19 am
For non Jewish videos my kids like Mary Poppins, Toy Story, Barney, Sesame Street, Shrek, Madagascar (what's wrong with that one?)

Mishie

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 9:36 am
Queenymk wrote:
Quote:
winnies is all treifa animals esp. piglet

Is it Assur to watch a movie which has animals who are Treif, in it?
I didn't know that!!!!
What about books? Do you only read your kids books where all the characters are Kosher animals? (Cows, Goats and Chickens etc...)

So, you mean to say that all Disney (Micky-MOUSE, Pluto, Goofy etc..)
Dora (with Boots the MONKEY), Blue's Clues, Hello Kitty, Arthur, Clifford, Loony Toons, and "Sesame Street"
are all OUT???? Crying Crying Crying

shopaholic

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 9:44 am
My sister & some of my friends are very particular about only Kosher animals & that goes for clothes, toys, books & videos.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 9:56 am
I didn't have a VCR when my kids were that age.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children