Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
When should we announce?

amother

Post Thu, Jun 30 2011, 8:56 am
I am currently 16 weeks pregnant in my 2nd pregnancy. Because of some family drama I ahve not seen much of my family in a few months and only my Mother and Father (and MIL and FIL) know I am pg. Last night my bother announced his engagement. the wort is tuesday. I will be 17.5 weeks pregnant and VERY showing. My issue is when to announce. My Dh thinks we need to call family motzi shabbat but I feel as if I will be steeling my brothers thunder and causing more drama (he is VERY sensitive) but then again I am scared of just whoeing up in very obvious maternity clothing pregnant...

We had planned to tell this week or next but now this... any ideas? should we wait or tell now?

morah

Post Thu, Jun 30 2011, 9:01 am
If you're going to be showing, you should probably tell- more potential for hurt feelings if you don't. I started showing around the time my BIL got married, so we told the family about a week before the wedding but requested that nobody talk about it or make a big deal until after the sheva brachos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette