Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
RUDE people in upstate walmart yesterday
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 2:44 pm
I was in Walmart in the country yesterday and the place was SWARMING with Jews.
and many of the people were walking into others, rode over toes, kids were running wild etc.
in front of me in line, 2 young boys were fighting big time, pinching, hitting, pulling and crying while their mother stood near them on the phone without saying anything
a non Jew behind me commented how these people are crazy and so rude
I was so embarrassed!
talk about a chilul hashem

Fox

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 3:10 pm
Very distressing!

There is apparently something about Wal-Mart that causes people to lose all inhibitions. I've seen behavior and dress on the part of customers that suggests that they're in their bedrooms or basements -- not even the comparative formality of their living or dining rooms. In fact, there's even a website that documents the outrageous stuff people wear to Wal-Mart (www.peopleofwalmart.com).

Non-Jews, as a group, will never love us. But you have to wonder why so many people seem determined to give them evidence for their worst prejudices!

bluebird

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 3:15 pm
amother wrote:
I was in Walmart in the country yesterday and the place was SWARMING with Jews.
and many of the people were walking into others, rode over toes, kids were running wild etc.
in front of me in line, 2 young boys were fighting big time, pinching, hitting, pulling and crying while their mother stood near them on the phone without saying anything
a non Jew behind me commented how these people are crazy and so rude
I was so embarrassed!
talk about a chilul hashem

Sounds like they were fitting in perfectly at WalMart! Smile (Seriously, something about that place seems to inspire all sorts of weirdness and bad behavior. I don't know why.)

kitov

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 3:26 pm
When we are in the mountains, my dh drives till Walmart in Middletown, to avoid stepping into the Monticello one. That place reeks of slutty teens, hangout campers, harried mothers, nervous fathers, kids on the loose, shelves with merchandise all mixed up and strewn apart, noise, crying, laughing, everything, abee a metziah.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 3:30 pm
walmart or not its still a MAJOR chillul hashem. Yidden should do their UPMOST to behave in a manor that makes people think GOOD things not "there is another picture to go on people of walmart!"

people upstate hate every summer being over run by jews... the least we could do is be good neighbors! my mom (a non jew I am a convert) has been upalled at the behavior and chuptza of some kids and honestly can't see how my strict G-d fearing lifestyle cna bring out such rudeness and illmannors in people!

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 3:41 pm
Sigh. You didn't even have to write upstate and I'd have known you were referring to that. Though I unfortunately see similar behavior EVERYwhere from certain people. The obliviousness to their surroundings is often appalling. I hate going to stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls where there's hours of browsing and hear ONLY the Jewish people (mostly) speaking loudly, kids running amok etc.. I'm embarrassed to be associated with people like them and have to bight my tongue every single time not to say anything to them. Though I wonder if that's the right thing to do (not say anything).

kitov

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 3:57 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
Sigh. You didn't even have to write upstate and I'd have known you were referring to that. Though I unfortunately see similar behavior EVERYwhere from certain people. The obliviousness to their surroundings is often appalling. I hate going to stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls where there's hours of browsing and hear ONLY the Jewish people (mostly) speaking loudly, kids running amok etc.. I'm embarrassed to be associated with people like them and have to bight my tongue every single time not to say anything to them. Though I wonder if that's the right thing to do (not say anything).

Having sampled discount department stores in Manhattan, let me tell you, by comparison., the yidden still make me proud.

imokay

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 6:51 pm
and u know what else I find rude? when people take carts with like a 100 items and wait on the xpress lines. the people behind me, who happend not to be jewish, were mumbling something about that too....

HavingItAll

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 6:59 pm
Can I ask a stupid question? How do you even know they're Jewish?

GreenEyes26

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 7:08 pm
HavingItAll wrote:

The boy's kippas and mother's shaitel were probably a nice giveaway.

HavingItAll

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 7:14 pm
GreenEyes26 wrote:
HavingItAll wrote:

Ah, so you (in general, not you specifically) really mean "frum Jews", not just "Jewish."

GreenEyes26

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 7:16 pm
HavingItAll wrote:
GreenEyes26 wrote:
HavingItAll wrote:

Ah, so you (in general, not you specifically) really mean "frum Jews", not just "Jewish."

Yes. What's the issue here? I think it was pretty clear that the OP meant religious Jews.

HavingItAll

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 7:17 pm
No issue - to me, nothing in the OP made it clear they were talking about frum Jews. One of the hazards of living OOT, possible Wink

GreenEyes26

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 9:38 pm
HavingItAll wrote:
No issue - to me, nothing in the OP made it clear they were talking about frum Jews. One of the hazards of living OOT, possible Wink

Ha ha that is def an OOT hazard. Smile I happen to know which Walmart the OP is talking about, and this time of year it's swarming with frummies.

Happy 2B

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 9:42 pm
my husband and I were in the monticello one this weekend and it was awful. We grabbed what we needed and left it was very upsetting to me. Very embarrassed to be a Jew in this case. So sad!!!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 9:42 pm
and what's with the women in the long shabbos robes? Are they too lazy to get dressed? They looked like they were wearing black nightgowns how pathetic!

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 10:03 pm
Honestly, I try not to shop at Walmart at all if I can help it, unrelated to the Jewish status of the shoppers. Where I live, it is filled with the dregs of society and its an all around unpleasant experience. As for people on the express line filling their carts to the top- that is standard operating procedure at Walmart. Last time I was there (to buy something that they sell for significantly less than anywhere else) the cashier at the express actually pretended to count the items in peoples carts, and let them all through despite very obviously overloaded carts.

Can you tell that I love Walmart? Twisted Evil

IamAJewishWoman

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 10:17 pm
amother wrote:
and what's with the women in the long shabbos robes? Are they too lazy to get dressed? They looked like they were wearing black nightgowns how pathetic!

Last edited by IamAJewishWoman on Mon, Jul 04 2011, 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 10:27 pm
delete

Last edited by MaBelleVie on Mon, Jul 04 2011, 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

IamAJewishWoman

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 10:32 pm
[quote="amother"] deleted

Last edited by IamAJewishWoman on Mon, Jul 04 2011, 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette