Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Do You Talk to Your Kids about S*X?
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 10:59 pm
I have kids of a variety of ages. From adults with kids down to toddler.
Kids will ask questions at all ages.
Give age appropriate answers. Never think that just because your kid walked away she stopped thinking & you so gracefully sidestepped it for now. More likely you child figured out that you feel it's a taboo topic & that's why she stopped asking.
I would never advocate telling your child all the facts, just the ones they ask for. They may end up sharing the knowledge, but if they hear it from you they will be discreet & not just randomly share. Just tonight my friend told me what happened when our boys were 6. We were both pg. She had scheduled c-sec it was her 2nd child. Mine was a higher #, he had more info. She told her ds when he asked, that baby will be taken from her tummy. The boys obviously were discussing their moms & mine shared that babies usually come from v---ina. He knew I had one c-sec. Friends son asked the mom, she said it was true, that is how he was born . End of it. They asked questions, had them answered & feel free to ask again .

That being said: It doesn't mean that as teenagers they will sit down & have protracted discussions about s-x with their parents. Then, as my older kids, willfeel comfortable getting facts from us. They will feel comfortable discussing things they hear about in the news. They will even feel comfortable discussing marriage in general, not their specifics nor yours.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics