Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you keep pareve?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

do you keep pareve?
yes we have pareve pots and washing up sponges  
 5%  [ 7 ]
yes we have pareve pots, washing up sponges and serving utensils  
 5%  [ 8 ]
yes we have pareve pots, washing up sponges, serving utensils and serving platters  
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes we have pareve pots, washing up sponges, serving utensils, serving platters, baking pans  
 33%  [ 46 ]
yes we have all the above and also pareve plates and silverware  
 2%  [ 3 ]
yes we have all the above and also a pareve sink  
 2%  [ 4 ]
no we cook pareve in milchig or fleishg pots  
 44%  [ 62 ]
yes we have pareve pots but wash them with milchig sponges  
 2%  [ 3 ]
what is pareve?  
 1%  [ 2 ]
other  
 2%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 139

mominlkwd

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 2:03 pm
amother wrote:
mominlkwd wrote:
I have a parve mixer and parve baking sheets, spatulas, measuring cups and 1 parve knife. that's about it. I have a parve sink but it's mostly used for washing - I don't have a parve oven but I was told you can broil out your oven and it makes it parve so that's what I do every friday when I make my Challah and when I bake cookies and stuff that I want parve.

Am I an am haretz but what about self cleaning (CYLOR about waiting) or cleaning out, like scrubbing, and waiting 24 hours?

I asked and was told if I broil it for 1/2 an hour than it kills anything in there and it's ok to use. I do self clean for Pesach but I was told it's not good to do it to often. Obviously ask your LOR.

anonymom

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 2:04 pm
"kills" LOL

imasinger

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 2:19 pm
I think our pareve section is the most-used part of our kitchen. We have pareve cookware, knives, serving things, and a pareve sink. I cook everything pareve except things that contain meat or dairy, which is most of what I cook. Except for chicken, cholent, and soup on Shabbos, and milk or cheese dishes during the week, most of what I make is pareve. All the sides, salads, pasta, etc. That way, anyone can take it and add it to whatever leftovers they want, or alter it however they want. I don't have a pareve oven per se, but our rav holds that if the oven is not dirty and hasn't been used for 24 hours, it can be considered pareve.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 4:12 pm
Your oven's self cleaning cycle shouldn't be run just once a year. If you do wait for erev Pesach, the build up might be bad enough to ruin your oven.

It should ideally be done at least twice a year. Google often talks about the best way to care for your oven.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen