Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Emergency! have to get meds to a very sick man in bp b4 shbs
1  2  3  4  Next

igiveup

Post Fri, Aug 05 2011, 10:28 am
Does anyone know of anyone going from Monsey to boro park for shabbos?? a big mitzva! theres a dying man in boro park and needs his meds! please help! its urgent.!

igiveup

Post Fri, Aug 05 2011, 11:11 am
plzzzz help!!!!!!!!!!!!

zaq

Post Fri, Aug 05 2011, 11:45 am
FedEx has a same-day delivery option. it's called FedEx Same-Day delivery. http://www.fedex.com/us/servic.....e-c2.

yaeli83

Post Fri, Aug 05 2011, 4:13 pm
maybe you could go wait at the monsey trail bus stop around the time that the bus comes to go to BP. mayhbe someone there can take it? Ive also heard of ppl sending things via cab w/ out being in the cab.

hatzlacha.

Barbara

Post Fri, Aug 05 2011, 5:32 pm
Did you find someone?

If not, couldn't you have a doctor call in a prescription to a local pharmacy.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 10:42 pm
Did you get the meds in on time?

penguin

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 11:42 pm
Doesn't everyone know you NEVER EVER take a package from someone you don't know, especially across state lines? Sheesh.

Sorry, OP, but a dying person should be under a physician's care & be able to get meds from a pharmacy. If they're not available in BP the pharmacy in Monsey should be able to send the closed bottle with a taxi.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 12:01 am
Quote:
Doesn't everyone know you NEVER EVER take a package from someone you don't know, especially across state lines?

I think that's why OP didn't get any volunteers.

igiveup

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 2:35 pm
well actually I got someone bh! and hes still alive! and guess what! the very nice girl who took it....might be getting engaged because of the mitzva she did!! Smile

paprika

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 5:55 pm
igiveup wrote:
well actually I got someone bh! and hes still alive! and guess what! the very nice girl who took it....might be getting engaged because of the mitzva she did!! Smile

I'm not sure I would put her in the "very nice category". Maybe rather the "very naive" one.

igiveup

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 5:57 pm
Wohoa!! what is up with you people! why are you so judgmental?? I ask this one innocent question and everyone jumping on me like I committed a crime! gosh!

overthehill

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 6:18 pm
Well Op, if you must know, I for one would never do something like that and frankly neither should anyone.

Think about the boys in Japan.

Do I or anyone else know what you are sending to a "dying" man? What drugs are really in there?

For all we know, you might be really sending medications to a dying man-but then why couldnt the prescription be filled at his local pharmacy? A doctor could have given emergency samples?

As for that girl getting engaged- wow- but I find it hard to believe that a shidduch came out of someone doing you a huge favor a bit over 72 hours ago.

igiveup

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 6:35 pm
well if you must know, this man is my father and he is in a hospital in boro park in a terrible state, we are giving him a certain herbal medication that cannot be found in any local pharmacy. and yes, a shidduch is really hot now because of this, she is an older girl, and my family was so impressed and so one of our cousins might be going out with her next week! dont be so quick to judge! you are totally exaggerating

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 7:28 pm
igiveup wrote:
one of our cousins might be going out with her next week!

Then , forgive me, but you are the one exaggerating. This girl is not exactly "getting engaged" now, is she? Somebody "might be going out with her next week"- is a loooooong way from "might be getting engaged." technically correct in the long run, but in the same way as a person thinking of buying a lottery ticket "might be winning a million dollars".

BTW, ever hear of "al tiftach peh laSatan"? It means, point blank, if your dear dad is very ill, you do not say "he's dying" lest you give the Satan ideas he didn't already have. I've never known a frum person to say such a thing even when the person was clinically dead, and I'll bet your dear old not-dying-B"H Dad wouldn't have appreciated your saying he was. Even if he was.

Raisin

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 7:35 pm
afaik monsey and BP are in the same state.

Seriously, you wouldn't take medication an hour drive from someone you knew? assuming you were able to open the package and assure yourself it was indeed waht it was supposed to be?

What if your bubby wanted you to take some brownies to your cousins when you go away for yom tov? I guess you all say no. Because bubbies can be drug dealers too! And who knows what could be in the brownies. And bubby does have an awful lot of plants around...

Zaq, don't you you think there are better days to attack someone with a very sick father then today? I'm surprised at you.

runninglate

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 7:40 pm
no, raisin, I would not. Not from someone I dont know. Nothing personal to the op, but we live in a crazy world. And if its a real emergency, there are plenty of shipping options. Op, refuah shlema to your father.no, raisin, I would not. Not from someone I dont know. Nothing personal to the op, but we live in a crazy world. And if its a real emergency, there are plenty of shipping options. Op, refuah shlema to your father.

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 8:34 pm
Raisin wrote:

Zaq, don't you you think there are better days to attack someone with a very sick father then today? I'm surprised at you.

"Twasn't an attack--"twas mussar. Today of all days one doesn't open a mouth to the satan. Would YOU appreciate being called a "dying woman" if ch"V you were very ill? And for a person from a community where you're practically lynched if you don't say KA"H every five minutes and people don't announce a pregnancy till after delivery if they can get away with it, it's more than a little surprising, not to say premature, to announce "a girl may be getting engaged" when it's not even clear that the couple will agree to go out.

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 8:45 pm
Raisin wrote:
afaik monsey and BP are in the same state.

Seriously, you wouldn't take medication an hour drive from someone you knew? assuming you were able to open the package and assure yourself it was indeed waht it was supposed to be?

What if your bubby wanted you to take some brownies to your cousins when you go away for yom tov? I guess you all say no. Because bubbies can be drug dealers too! And who knows what could be in the brownies. And bubby does have an awful lot of plants around...

raisin, you're doing the old "straw man" trick.
First of all, most of the people here don't know OP. Second, your bubby is not any old person who sent out a cattle call on an online forum. I would hope your bubby wouldn't use her own grandchildren as mules. (Slang for illegal drug couriers.) Those poor boys in Japan knew the slimebucket who duped them into doing him a favor--and he was a respected member of their community, for crying out loud. Third of all, there have been many instances of people being arrested for transporting illegal drugs, some R"L our own people who thought they were doing another frum Yid a favor bringing "lifesaving medication to my cousin in Bnei Brak" or "allergy meds to my son in yeshiva". If someone gave me a bottle full of pills in a prescription bottle labeled "Lipitor" (a cholesterol-reducing drug),would I know it's really Xtasy (date-rape drug)? Not on your life.

There's a good reason why airline security asks you if anyone gave you anything to deliver to anyone else.

tsiggelle

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 8:49 pm
op, I am curious how you got your girl in the end, afaik she isnt on this forum.

refua shelaima to your father

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 8:50 pm
I'm happy for OP that she found someone but I don't take anything for anyone anymore. We love in a nutty world. Unfortunately there've been too many stories.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries