Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Emergency! have to get meds to a very sick man in bp b4 shbs
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Raisin

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 9:07 pm
no, I probably wouldn't take a package from a stranger on an online forum. But the boys in japan was with a guy they knew. We are talking about a short drive here - not an international flight.

Surely a person transporting drugs form monsey to bp would drive it himself.

I don't know - we send packages with taxis pretty often and they do not object.

tsiggelle

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 9:13 pm
Raisin wrote:

t.

not davka

Monsey Mama

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 9:17 pm
There is a big case where Chassidic boy asked his friends to carry "medicine" for him. I think it was Brooklyn. All boys in payos and yamakas. Girls were obviously from the community. It turns out they were a very successful drug distributors until they were caught. It is one thing for a bubby to ask. These people knew and were fooled by their friend. Couldn't someone pose on this site as well?

Simple1

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 9:35 pm
Raisin wrote:
afaik monsey and BP are in the same state.

Seriously, you wouldn't take medication an hour drive from someone you knew? assuming you were able to open the package and assure yourself it was indeed waht it was supposed to be?

What if your bubby wanted you to take some brownies to your cousins when you go away for yom tov? I guess you all say no. Because bubbies can be drug dealers too! And who knows what could be in the brownies. And bubby does have an awful lot of plants around...

Zaq, don't you you think there are better days to attack someone with a very sick father then today? I'm surprised at you.

Actually, to go to Monsey from BP, I think you cross over New Jersey before you get to NY again.

But I am surprised at the responses to an innocent request. Could be it is a good idea to be cautious just in case, but it's a shame to live in a world where you can't do someone a simple favor.

Last edited by Simple1 on Tue, Aug 09 2011, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

overthehill

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 9:36 pm
tsiggelle wrote:
op, I am curious how you got your girl in the end, afaik she isnt on this forum.

refua shelaima to your father

Great Point!

OP, how did this single girl find out about your quest to find someone? Surely she isnt on this site if she is single and not married. Please dont tell me her mother is, and that a mother is stupid enough to do this to her daughter who doesnt know better.

overthehill

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 9:37 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Raisin wrote:

Seriously, you wouldn't take medication an hour drive from someone you knew? assuming you were able to open the package and assure yourself it was indeed waht it was supposed to be?

What if your bubby wanted you to take some brownies to your cousins when you go away for yom tov? I guess you all say no. Because bubbies can be drug dealers too! And who knows what could be in the brownies. And bubby does have an awful lot of plants around...

Zaq, don't you you think there are better days to attack someone with a very sick father then today? I'm surprised at you.

Actually, to go to Monsey from BP, I think you cross over New Jersey before you get to NY again.

But I am surprised at the responses to an innocent request. Could be it is a good idea to be cautious just in case, but it's a shame to live in a world where you can't do someone a simple favor.

Unfortunately these days, simple favors are no longer simple.

Simple1

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 9:37 pm
overthehill wrote:
tsiggelle wrote:
op, I am curious how you got your girl in the end, afaik she isnt on this forum.

refua shelaima to your father

Great Point!

OP, how did this single girl find out about your quest to find someone? Surely she isnt on this site if she is single and not married. Please dont tell me her mother is, and that a mother is stupid enough to do this to her daughter who doesnt know better.

I'm sure imamother wasn't' her only means of trying to find someone. She probably asked around.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 11:08 pm
What do state lines have to do with anything, there are no checkpoints like at airports. Cars dont get randomy stopped and trunks searched. This isnt an aiport. I dont see how anyone could get into trouble. Messenger services transport packages all the time, as do monsey buses etc.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 2:19 am
Raisin wrote:

They are in the same state, but getting from point A to Point B, means driving through New Jersey which does cross state lines.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 2:24 am
Mama Bear wrote:
What do state lines have to do with anything, there are no checkpoints like at airports. Cars dont get randomy stopped and trunks searched. This isnt an aiport. I dont see how anyone could get into trouble. Messenger services transport packages all the time, as do Monsey buses etc.
There are lots of speed traps and ticket happy police all over the palisades and 17, who can and sometimes do pull you over and check your car. Not to mention the cops by the tunnels and bridges. FYI, my parents got car checked at the tunnel on their way up to the country, which Just passes Monsey.

mazeltov

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 10:54 am
I feel bad for the OP, because although everyone has a point, the chances are that she is legitimate and feeling very attacked by all, on top of the stress of her sick father.

paprika

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 3:38 pm
Raisin wrote:
no, I probably wouldn't take a package from a stranger on an online forum. But the boys in japan was with a guy they knew. We are talking about a short drive here - not an international flight.

I don't know - we send packages with taxis pretty often and they do not object.

Distance is not the only reason to use somebody else to break the law for oneself.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 4:06 pm
op, I wish your father a refua shlaima.

as for your request, some poster may have come across as a little harsh, but the point was there none the less. in this day and age, when dealers are constantly looking for naive mules to transport their goods, it should come as no surprise that people would be resistant to helping a stranger take somethin to somene, even if it IS just a few hours away. crossing state lines with drugs is a big problem, and there are PLENTY of spot checks, where they WILL check the contents f your car.
I know you have a legit need, but just think of the following situation. someone you dont know approaches you and asks you to take "meds" from bp to monsey. you, being the kind person that you are, say of course! not a problem!! now lets say you get pulled over on the palisades, where there are lots of search happy, ticket happy cops. he sees this bag in the fron seat and asks you whats in it, and you say, oh, someone asked me to take this from bp to monsey. she said its meds for her father" the cop says "im going to have to see the bottle" imagine your surprise when there is XXXX illegal drug in it. what are you going to say?

do you understand everyones hesitation? again, some people may have come across a little strong but the point is still the same.

igiveup

Post Thu, Aug 18 2011, 3:04 pm
just wanted to let you all know that this girl that took the meds to bp got engaged today!! to one of my cousins...and it all started from the meds that she took! so this so called "crime" I committed came to something quite good! (shes in high 20is)

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 18 2011, 3:11 pm
igiveup wrote:
just wanted to let you all know that this girl that took the meds to bp got engaged today!! to one of my cousins...and it all started from the meds that she took! so this so called "crime" I committed came to something quite good! (shes in high 20is)

mazal tov!! may they build a bayis ne'eman!!

freidasima

Post Thu, Aug 18 2011, 3:14 pm
Why do I find it hard to believe some of this?

overthehill

Post Thu, Aug 18 2011, 3:34 pm
igiveup wrote:

I dont believe it for one minute. A shidduch from begining to end in one week. Amazing.

And how did I know the "story" was going to end that way?

igiveup

Post Thu, Aug 18 2011, 3:39 pm
WOW. some people are just impossible. whats so hard to believe. these people are chassidish and shidduchim can happen in a week and a half. mine did and so did my sisters! everything is a 100% true! you can choose to believe it or not. ur decison!

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 18 2011, 3:57 pm
tsiggelle wrote:
Raisin wrote:

t.

not davka

davka not.

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 18 2011, 4:10 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
What do state lines have to do with anything, there are no checkpoints like at airports. Cars dont get randomy stopped and trunks searched. This isnt an aiport. I dont see how anyone could get into trouble. Messenger services transport packages all the time, as do monsey buses etc.

what state lines have to do with it is that offenses become Federal cases when state lines are crossed. Federal penalties are more severe.

Messenger services are legitimate businesses. They don't inspect the packages and are not responsible unless they knowingly allowed illegal items to be transported. They do have a responsibility to report if they suspect something is off and could be prosecuted if there is evidence that they did know or should have known. When an individual is caught with the goods, the assumption is that the individual knew what was in the package.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries