Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Stops to Montreal

abmom

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 8:46 pm
I'm going for Shabbos to Montreal from monsey. I would love to make stops on the way. I don't want to go too much out of the way. Any ideas?

cuteson

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 8:55 pm
Depending on what time of the day you are leaving, you can stop at Lake George.
There is so much to do there.
Outlet stores/Amusement Parks/ water activities....

abmom

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 9:20 pm
I'm still flexible as to when I'm leaving. I might go Thursday morning or I'll go to work and leave 3ish. How much out of the way is Lake Gorge?

CatLady

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 9:27 pm
Lake George is en route - not out of the way at all. The outlets are great, and Aviation Mall is also a destination. In fact, many Montrealers (such as my family!) think nothing of hopping in the car and doing a day trip to Lake George.

cuteson

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 9:42 pm
The outlets are great.... but if you are traveling with kids the outlets might not be the best option, as kids are usually very restless when shopping (atleast my kids are like that). The great escape park is geared for adults and kids. Really enjoyable!

If you just stop in at the exit, you will see for yourself what to do there tons and tons of stuff.
Enjoy!

cuteson

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 9:43 pm
The outlets are great.... but if you are traveling with kids the outlets might not be the best option, as kids are usually very restless when shopping (atleast my kids are like that). The great escape park is geared for adults and kids. Really enjoyable!

If you just stop in at the exit, you will see for yourself what to do there tons and tons of stuff.
Enjoy!

abmom

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 10:30 pm
Thanks for all your ideas! I'm traveling w/ a 9 mo old. I'd love to do jet skiing/boating kind of thing. I'm going w/ another couple and baby so we can take turns babysitting.

Judy

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 2:04 am
Lake George has tons to do all types of boating, it's just nice even to walk around the town if you wanna make just a short quick stop the souvenir shops, arcades, horse and buggy ride.
theres something called tubby tubing near there which I hear is very child friendly , rafting and tubing you can ck it out just google tubbytubing it's called something like that.
Another nice thing which we did when we went to lake george we drove north like 2 hrs which brought us 3 hrs before montreal-u have to figure out timewise if you can get there in time or do it on the way back is Ausable Chasm. It's a natural sort of canyon with walkways that you follow and then they take you on a small rafting ride ck it out. It's a beautiful nature trip.

Judy

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 2:05 am
Lake George has tons to do all types of boating, it's just nice even to walk around the town if you wanna make just a short quick stop the souvenir shops, arcades, horse and buggy ride.
theres something called tubby tubing near there which I hear is very child friendly , rafting and tubing you can ck it out just google tubbytubing it's called something like that.
Another nice thing which we did when we went to lake george we drove north like 2 hrs which brought us 3 hrs before montreal-u have to figure out timewise if you can get there in time or do it on the way back is Ausable Chasm. It's a natural sort of canyon with walkways that you follow and then they take you on a small rafting ride ck it out. It's a beautiful nature trip.

Judy

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 2:05 am

Judy

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 2:06 am
whoops sorry about that I didnt realize it went thru I mustve pressed too many times sorry
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics