Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Need double stroller?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 7:24 pm
im due with my second in march and my older one will be 2 and a half. do you think im going to need a double stroller? for those of you with a toddler that age, do you think its worth buying one? (theyre really expensive so id rather not if ill only use it once in a while). also, ive heard of the "skateboard" that attaches to a stroller for a child to stand on - what are your opinions about this?

momofgirls

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 9:47 pm
I think the skateboard thing is enough, I have a 2 1/2 yr old you don't need a carriege really anymore I just put my double stroller away.

shoy18

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 9:59 pm
just make sure the skateboard fits on your stroller, it claims it fits on all strollers but it doesnt

happymom

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 10:05 pm
I think u still need a stroller for a 2 and a half year old. they are still very young and dont like standing/walking too much. especially if the new baby is gonna be sitting in the stroller and he will have to stand.

realeez

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 10:15 pm
This buggy board looks so cool - it's a seat too!

http://dmart2.stores.yahoo.net......html

supermom

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 5:21 am
My two and half year old walks everywhere and makes no difference how long of a walk it is. It depends on how your toddler is if they are a walker or a carrier. But defintly don't get a double it is not worth it.

supermom

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 5:23 am
How does a person push the stroller with this thing hooked up? It doesn't make things complicated?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 10:13 am
I just took a look for fun at these "buggy boards" http://comfortfirst.com/c-2665......aspx
Some look pretty cool -- like having a sit n'stand without getting a new stroller.

But what's up with this? http://comfortfirst.com/pc-281......aspx
Suitable for 15 months and up!? My 15 month old would not manage to balance well on that without a buckle for extended walks! It's like a bike seat!

But I do think if your older child is 2.5 an attachment is a great idea, especially since I see many kids at that age want to do some of the walking on their own, but still have a place to rest.
Makes stroller shlepping much easier (doubles are so bulky) and it's cheaper than buying a new stroller. And if one of the seats would be empty half the time, a double stroller isn't necessarily a best investment (my thought would be that a cheap umbrella stroller for trips to the zoo might be kdai, but not a full fledged one, especially if being used only on Shabbos walks for the most part....however some do use their stroller more often than I do, so if this is the case, my experience is moot).

GAMZu

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 12:56 am
Did anyone ever try these attachments? I'm thinking of selling our double and buying an attachment, but I wonder how you get the stroller up steps with it? And if you ever need to put your foot on the rear axle to lift up the front wheels- can you do that?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 4:20 pm
could you borrow one for a while? I mean, what if the child doesn't like standing?

Shimmysmom

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 4:26 pm
my ds was over 2 and a half when dd was born and I bought a double stroller.
first of all, when you are in a rush to get somewhere, or you have the kind of kid who may run into the street I think its nice to be able to restrain him. kids this age still walk slowly, especially if they are tired.
second, what about a really long walk? or at an airport?
I don't use it as often as my single stroller but it defintaly came in handy.
the buggy board? that depends on the kind of kid- my ds never would have stayed put on that thing.
another good option is called a sit and stand. I don't think they are too expensive.

shayna82

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 4:37 pm
happymom wrote:
I think u still need a stroller for a 2 and a half year old. they are still very young and dont like standing/walking too much. especially if the new baby is gonna be sitting in the stroller and he will have to stand.

my son was 21 months when my second son was born. I got an evenflo cheapy stroller and im glad I took that route. By the time he was 2, he wanted to walk himself and had little to no interest in being pushed around.

op- I wouldnt spend all the bucks on a double stroller only to have to keep it stored.

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 4:38 pm
I think you need to consider the following things:

1. Would you ever need to go on long walks a 2.5 year old couldn't walk?

2. Do you use a stroller often?

3. Does your toddler like to walk (some hate it)?

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 4:55 pm
At this point I usually use a single anyway. If he gets tired, he can stand on the basket frame, but it's not all that comfy.
Does anyone know how to go up steps or back up with an attachment?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics