Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
So glad I only wear skirts...
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Mon, Aug 15 2011, 3:44 pm
because then I don't have to worry about worrying looking good in jeans because I don't or really wouldn't because I never even tried on a pair Rolling Eyes LOL .

SS6099

Post Mon, Aug 15 2011, 4:09 pm
I actually heard from a BT, former jeans wearer, that they're very comfy and can be slenderizing if you find the right pair Smile

Lakewood

Post Mon, Aug 15 2011, 4:43 pm
I would LOVE to wear pants!!! I never have and would never, but I think that if I was not Jewish I would probably only wear a skirt/dress to weddings. Everything else can be done just as nice in pants and way more comfortable.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 2:38 pm
I'd hate wearing pants cos I'd be worried people would be able to see when wearing a pad, and also the size of my behind would really show..

sequoia

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 3:00 pm
Pants aren't that tight Smile

Certainly I find them more comfy for travel, hiking, and medium-ish weather.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 3:04 pm
if they're not jeans I often see underwear line or lack of underwear Rolling Eyes

sequoia

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 3:08 pm
amother wrote:
if they're not jeans I often see underwear line or lack of underwear Rolling Eyes

Wow, definitely not.

I'd imagine such tight pants wouldn't be comfortable anyway.

Fox

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 3:34 pm
I do think slacks and jeans are tougher to pull off successfully as one gets a bit older. And if you're a bit zaftig or not particularly well-toned, even loose-fitting slacks can be pretty unforgiving. I do regularly see women who look great in pants, but for every one who looks great, there are ten wandering around who are just begging to be featured on PeopleOfWalmart.com.

Depressed

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 4:38 pm
as a BT I can say pants are a thousand times more comfy and a million times more tznius then a tight skirt that barely covers the knees, nude stockings and f-Me shoes. Sorry to be blunt its a major peeve.
And my mother ah was over 30 lb and looked well in pants

Depressed

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 4:40 pm
300 lb not 30

Lakewood

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 4:51 pm
Fox wrote:
I do think slacks and jeans are tougher to pull off successfully as one gets a bit older. And if you're a bit zaftig or not particularly well-toned, even loose-fitting slacks can be pretty unforgiving. I do regularly see women who look great in pants, but for every one who looks great, there are ten wandering around who are just begging to be featured on PeopleOfWalmart.com.

There are plenty of women that are not pulling off skirts either. It has more to do with the cut of the skirt/pants compared to the body type then weather it is a skirt or pants.

MrsDash

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 4:53 pm
I have a pair of "comfy" jeans that I absolutely love! They are by far, my favorite article of clothing. They aren't form fitting in the least bit, but I still think they look nice.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 7:29 pm
sequoia wrote:
Pants aren't that tight Smile

Certainly I find them more comfy for travel, hiking, and medium-ish weather.

Agreed!
And much more practical and tznius for travelling, especially while taking care of babies / kids.

chillax

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 7:33 pm
I would LOVE to wear pants again!
Jeans are awesome! Comfortable and awesome for casual or going out.
You can't take advantage or the looser style shirts with a skirt cuz it doesn't really go but with a nice pair of jeans, they look so good.
And there are a lot of shoes/boots/ankle boots that are perfect with pants.
Oh well.
Tznius is one of the harder parts of being frum for me, but ya gotta do what you gotta do Smile

amother

Post Thu, Jun 27 2013, 1:18 pm
Pants are the best! I never wore anything but jeans and dressy slacks before becoming frum. They are so comfortable and much more tznius in some ways than skirts. I always feel so exposed in skirts, like a strong wind can blow it up at any moment, or if I am sitting it might hike up and I have to remember to keep my legs crossed or tightly together when in my seat, or my stockings are too zexy (most women don't wear stockings anymore except in cold weather, so it is attention getting), or my skirt will be tucked into my undies when I leave the bathroom (not a problem with pants!), or if I slip and fall it might flip up over my head. It also affects the kind of shoes you can wear, because lots of more comfortable shoes only look decent with pants, but clunky with a skirt. I think more skirt wearers tend to wear heels or more uncomfortable dress flats/shoes. I feel like skirts keep us limited in our mobility because it's harder to move - even in terms of trying to maintain modesty. You can move more freely in pants because you know your undies won't show (unless they are loose and sag down). I see plenty of women in skirts with panty lines and fat bulges and cankles and tree trunk calves. I don't think skirts are any more flattering than pants. The wrong cut/size can look bad with either garment.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 2:55 am
As a FTB... pants are not comfy OR they are not pretty. And nothing beats the feminity of a skirt.

chani8

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 3:05 am
Eh, what's the big deal about pants?

We wear pants under our skirts.

My DDs wear jeans under their miniskirts.

In the winter it's great. Warm and toasty.

In the summer it's great because they absorb the sweat and keep thighs from sticking together. LOL

Also, when I want to exercise, I just drop my skirt and I'm ready to go. LOL.

June

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 3:16 am
there's something I don't understand about jeans - and this goes for jean skirts as well - why are women's clothing made with flies?? does anyone else not think it's gross? I used to wear jean skirts as a teenager, but at some point I stopped because I think it's disgusting and demeaning.

chani8

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 3:18 am
Really? Flies? They sure help to open the jeans to be able to slide them down over the hips. I suppose elastic works too, but that's ugly.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 3:36 am
I wear pants to exercise. I look 15lbs less in pants. I wish I could wear them all the time. They are so much easier and faster to dress in than a skirt. Plus outfits are easier to put together.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise