Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
So glad I only wear skirts...
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 6:36 am
I wear pants to exercise. I look 15lbs less in pants. I wish I could wear them all the time. They are so much easier and faster to dress in than a skirt. Plus outfits are easier to put together.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 9:35 am
June wrote:
there's something I don't understand about jeans - and this goes for jean skirts as well - why are women's clothing made with flies?? does anyone else not think it's gross? I used to wear jean skirts as a teenager, but at some point I stopped because I think it's disgusting and demeaning.
So a zipper on the back of a skirt means ...?

chani8

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 9:43 am
imasoftov wrote:
June wrote:
there's something I don't understand about jeans - and this goes for jean skirts as well - why are women's clothing made with flies?? does anyone else not think it's gross? I used to wear jean skirts as a teenager, but at some point I stopped because I think it's disgusting and demeaning.
So a zipper on the back of a skirt means ...?

Rolling Laughter

DrMom

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 11:52 am
June wrote:

It's a way to temporarily expand the waistline to allow you to slide the garment over your hips.

What's gross, demenaning, and disgusting about that? Scratching Head

Does your disgust extend to button-down shirts? Shoelaces?

DrMom

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 11:58 am
I wear pants in the winter or when hiking. I also have some skirt-over-pants garments that are popular in Israel. Very practical. Much warmer than a skirt and hose (and more durable too).

For all those concerned that people can tell when you are menstruating when you wear pants: Um, no. Not unless they are skin-tight or transparent.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 12:10 pm
I would love to wear pants. My clothing options would be expanded tremendously, and I actually look great in them. This morning I saw a frum woman with an unfortunately unusual figure who was wearing a skirt that made her look terribly odd. I felt worry for her, because that figure would not look strange in pants, but skirts emphasize the wrong parts much more.

bamamama

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 12:10 pm
I LOVE that skirt-pants outfit!!! So cute!!

And, yeah. Jeans are more practical if you actually have to get anything done which involves getting up and down, lifting, etc. I can see myself going back to skirts when my kids are bigger but they are too much of a pain right now.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 12:11 pm
Oh of course! How could I forget? I would love to not ever have to worry about whether I'm flashing anyone.

bamamama

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 12:30 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Oh of course! How could I forget? I would love to not ever have to worry about whether I'm flashing anyone.

We found common ground, MBV!!!! Flower

Raisin

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 12:37 pm
DrMom wrote:
I wear pants in the winter or when hiking. I also have some skirt-over-pants garments that are popular in Israel. Very practical. Much warmer than a skirt and hose (and more durable too).

For all those concerned that people can tell when you are menstruating when you wear pants: Um, no. Not unless they are skin-tight or transparent.

nothing remotely untznius about that. reminds me of the shalwaar kameez muslimwomen wear.

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 11:32 am
Slacks on a heavy woman are fine provided they are not tight and she wears a top long enough to cover her rear end. Exactly but exactly like skirts and dresses on a heavy woman.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise