Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Going rate for new-born care/light housework?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 12:04 pm
For those of you who have an infant or an infant and one more child and need a little light housekeeping done by your "aupair-type" child-care provider, or if YOU provide this type of service, can you please tell me the going rate for this? Either for full time (five days a week) or part time (less than five days a week).

I realize the "going rate" may vary in different parts of the U.S. and in different countries, so please give at least of vague idea of where your rate applies (e.g. northeast, southwest, midwest, northern Israel, central Europe, western Europe).

By "light" housekeeping, I am referring to things like washing dishes, doing some laundry chores, tidying the house, some prep for dinner, for example).

Thank you.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 12:12 pm
In Miami: $10/hr

runninglate

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 12:16 pm
ten dollars an hr in brooklyn. Im not sure if you cld reasonably get someone to do that much housework for that price, though.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 12:25 pm
western europe - €11 an hour. She does tidying, dishes, vacuaming, changing sheets, washing floors, etc whatever I ask her really. Never really sure what is meant by "heavy" housework though. She babysits if I need her to, not very often.

au pair who lives in and works 6 or so hours a day 5 days a week is about €100-150 a week.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 12:40 pm
OP here. One more question...how many hours per day does the child-care provider work? I realize that different moms have different needs. Can you give examples of either how many hours your au pair works in your house per week or how many hours you work as an au pair per week?

Thank you so much, Ladies. This is very helpful for me.

yOungM0mmy

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 1:58 pm
I've just hired an au pair in the UK - 5 hours a day split between childcare and cleaning (not necessarily equally), 5 days a week, plus 2 evenings babysitting, £70 per week plus living in so food etc provided. A regular cleaner who comes in a few hours a week is between £6 and £10, average closer to £7 or £8.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 2:03 pm
I don't have it but I have friends who do it and it's about $10-$12 an hour. This is in Brooklyn.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 2:12 pm
in israel I pay 30 shekel an hour
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics