Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I succeeded in changing an electrical plug today!

grin

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 8:21 am
I'm so proud of myself. due to dh working overseas long-term, I've gradually learned to do all sorts of fix-it jobs around the house. This was another first for me - these little things give me a deep sense of accomplishment, of becoming in another small way more capable than I was before. Very Happy

I'm glad I didn't have to wait until ds came home from camp - it's time that I learned to fend for myself. Wink

anon for this

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 8:32 am
Great job! How did you figure out how to do it? I'm a single parent and felt accomplished when I figured out how to relight the pilot on my water heater. Would've felt very silly calling a service person or neighbor to do that.

grin

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 8:38 am
I looked carefully when I took apart the old one and used my intuition - which has improved a lot with practice!

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 8:46 am
I am feeling a little bit of concern. Maybe electrical and plumbing should be left to licensed professionals or their supervised helpers. Just a thought. Our plumber remarked that a lot of his work was fixing what civilians had done. He meant male civilians. Meaning, being male is no guarantee of competence in those two areas, so it's no knock on a woman that she shouldn't do them, either. But I understand your feeling, the joy of competence. That, however, fades with age. Now, I just want it taken care of, by anybody who knows how to do it; tip them, smile, they're gone, peace reigns again. Yay.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics