Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
FAT SICK AND NEARLY DEAD want to join the reboot with me?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 4:24 pm
that's the title of a documentary that I recently watched, it promotes 5-60 days depending on the person of juicing only or juicing with raw vegetables and fruits, I'm thinking of doing a 10 day one as a quick start for a diet, I am just waiting for my juicer to be delivered next week..

amother

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 10:23 pm
I can tell you with 99% certainty that you will not be successful in this. This is not a healthy way to lose weight and you will not be able to maintain this longterm. You need a lifestyle change not a fad diet! I have done this sort of yoyoing in the past myself Sad

sarachana

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 10:34 pm
I 100% agree with the above poster. Please please please do NOT do this to your body....yes this is a recipe for failure...from experience! and if you need to know more about why exactly this is so bad you can pm for more info.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 10:36 pm
its only 10 days I don't see the damage it can do ? It has a huge following also

bubby

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 10:38 pm
amother wrote:
its only 10 days I don't see the damage it can do ? It has a huge following also

So does cocaine. Don't do it.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 10:42 pm
LOL Bubby!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 10:46 pm
I guess I'm at a point of desperation and jumping off the cliff is easier in a way than gradually walking the mountain

sarachana

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 10:51 pm
amother wrote:
I guess I'm at a point of desperation and jumping off the cliff is easier in a way than gradually walking the mountain

please please pm me....I know that feeling of desperation, I have been there too. I have tried all these diets and I now have a wealth of knowledge and experience. You have only to gain.

bubby

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 10:52 pm
I'll walk with you! I'm seriously sick (I mean really, as in cardiologist) & I'm plodding through day by day. If you are also ill, a "diet" like this can do serious damage.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 10:54 pm
oish Bubby, refuah shelema! I'm not physically in a bad place besides for pcos which is quite annoying I'm 45 lb overweight and I feel every pound of it,

nicole81

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 10:54 pm
amother wrote:

I hear you. I think that most people who have struggled with weight loss have felt this way at one time or another. but there is no magic cure, I think you know that. you may want to rationalize it to yourself, that a quick drop will jump start your weight loss and keep you motivated... I've thought this way, too. but more probable, it will crash your metabolism and make real weight loss much harder to achieve after your 10 days are up.

tomorrow is a new day. think about everything you put into your mouth. you don't need a quick fix. just take it one day at a time.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 10:57 pm
good to hear from you nicole81, yep all true but I'm still rationalizing Smile I must say I didn't think my post was going to get so much attention I feel "special "

bubby

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 11:13 pm
amother wrote:
oish Bubby, refuah shelema! I'm not physically in a bad place besides for pcos which is quite annoying I'm 45 lb overweight and I feel every pound of it,

Ach, 45lb?? Halevei!! Wink Wink Not so bad, it WILL come off (says she, but it always does for everyone else Rolling Eyes Confused )

nicole81

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 11:31 pm
have you tried weight watchers? I'm far beyond their help, but they really do have a great program. I lost 40 pounds with them fairly quickly about 5 years ago.

Yearoldmother

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 12:18 am
I have been desperate to lose weight forEVER! but I know that the only healthy way to lose weight is by eating healthy and excersizing.

I bought cheeses and good dressings that I like to encourage me to eat salad I buy whatever veg I want to go in the salad no matter how expensive because it's better than giving up and buying the cheap junk I'll regret later. I've been going to the gym pretty regularly and low and behold I'm seeing some results. Some days are better than the other but fortunately after a particularly hard shopping day (where nothing fit) my friend saw me and told me how good I looked.

Slow and steady wins the race and you'll feel so much better that you were able to do it without one of these crazy unhealthy crash diets.

Hatzlacha!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 5:50 am
Please don't do it! My mom tried this several times, as well as every other fad diet there is. She lots lots of weight, and gained it all back plus more. She absolutely ruined her metabolism. Now she's over 300 pounds, diabetic, and is slowly dying from fatty liver disease. She's in constant pain, and often doesn't leave the house for months on end, unless she needs to see the doctor or get a new MRI on her liver.

(Disclaimer: Before you start anything, get your thyroid checked.)

I'm not saying that a 10 day juice fast is CVS going to kill you, but it definitely sends you down a very dangerous road. You don't need a "diet", you need a solid nutrition plan and some basic exercise. Start cutting out all "white" foods, like wheat, potatoes, sugar and dairy. Replace coffee with green tea - you'll still get your caffeine, and you'll also get antioxidants and other good things that help burn fat. Don't eat ANYTHING that comes from a box or a can. Don't eat anything if you can't recognize what type of plant or animal it came from (yeah, I'm looking at you chicken nuggets and fish fingers!) Lean grilled meats, steamed veggies, a big salad, and fresh fruit for dessert. Raw almonds make a great snack. No processed carbs except challah on Shabbos and a tiny bit of dessert. Stay away from all grains and beans, and starchy vegetables. Eat as much as you like of the foods on the OK list.

Find a lady in your community who likes to walk, and set up specific times that you will go walking. Start out slow, and work your way up. It helps to take the most pleasant paths you can find, past lovely homes with beautiful gardens. As you walk, notice the architecture of the buildings and the way the yards change with the seasons. It will be good for your soul, your moods, your endorphins and your heart rate.

If you can follow this plan and STICK TO IT, I personally promise you that you will lose 45 pounds in one year, and be able to keep it off my continuing a modified version of your meal plan. You'll even be able to "cheat" a little bit!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 6:31 am
bubby, the 45 lbs started off as 5-10.,. I just keep gaining so its 45 and a prelude to another 100,
nicole81, I have in the past but as with every diet I tried I didn't last in it for long
Yearoldmother : congrats on finding a normal way to do it and for losing weight on it!
FranticFrummie I'm sorry to hear bout your mother's experiences and health.
thanks for the tip, I've tried a plan similar to that , I didn't last long.. what can I say folks I need to switch the right button in my head .

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 6:46 am
amother wrote:
FranticFrummie [/color]I'm sorry to hear bout your mother's experiences and health.
thanks for the tip, I've tried a plan similar to that , I didn't last long.. what can I say folks I need to switch the right button in my head .

The food needs to be delicious, bright, colorful and full of flavor. Know that you can have as much fruits and veggies as you want, and lean meat with a yummy marinade. You don't need to feel deprived! If you're going to give yourself a little leeway on Shabbos, just promise yourself you'll go for an extra long walk after lunch.

Can you afford to see a therapist? If you don't have a medical reason why you're gaining weight, then you need to look at the emotional reasons. You're absolutely right, that switch does have to be turned. What are you getting out of keeping the weight you have? Does it provide a sense of security, or keep people from getting too close to you? What is your relationship with unhealthy food? Are you using it as a replacement for love, or turning to it out of boredom? Could you nosh on a bowl of almonds or carrot sticks, or does it HAVE to be potato chips? These are all very important things that have to be looked at in order for you to be successful.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 6:47 am
A liquid diet won't make the switch in your head. It's simply not that easy. A switch, like anything worthwhile, takes time and effort and it's HARD.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 6:51 am
FranticFrummie, I don't nosh all day I simply don't have patience or will to make myself healthy frequent meals.
I'm ok guys thanks for your advice, have a good day
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise