Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Tell me about YOUR nurse in Monsey (or willing to travel)

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Sep 01 2011, 8:42 pm
I'm trying the third nurse now and am at my wit's end. This nurse doesn't stop yabbering for hours about every single thing, from the way she bathes the babies, to the way she holds them, diapers them etc... I am simply asking for a decent nurse that has experience with twins and I'd feel comfortable with her around the house on a 24 hour basis.

Please tell me if you had a nurse that you recommend.

Thanks

bnm

Post Fri, Sep 02 2011, 1:15 am
Hatzlacha in finding the right one

Jacoby

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 12:59 am
I know exactly what your going through... did it recently myself.
I spent forever finding nurses, as if the two babies didn't keep me busy enough Smile
I have some numbers but they probably would not travel to monsey. What kind of hours are you looking for?
Also, there used to be an ad in the Mishpacha magazine for 24 hour Lakewood nurses. I never ended up using them but I heard great reviews from them.
Good luck with the exhaustion, hormones, sleeplessness but mainly double blessings Smile

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 9:04 pm
Jacoby wrote:
I know exactly what your going through... did it recently myself.
I spent forever finding nurses, as if the two babies didn't keep me busy enough Smile
I have some numbers but they probably would not travel to monsey. What kind of hours are you looking for?
Also, there used to be an ad in the Mishpacha magazine for 24 hour Lakewood nurses. I never ended up using them but I heard great reviews from them.
Good luck with the exhaustion, hormones, sleeplessness but mainly double blessings Smile

At this point a 24 hour nurse.

Jacoby

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 11:15 pm
I don't have the number for the Lakewood nurses but I'm sure someone here does...
I would recommend calling Osseh Chessed- 17184353002. They give $100 per baby toward help at the beginning. Aside for that, she is very familiar with nurses. Maybe she has an idea of someone. She would probably also know about the Lakewood 24 hour nurses.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 11:17 pm
My mom works for Revival Home Healthcare in Brooklyn. I can call her later and ask her if she knows of a local agency or if any of the nurses that work for her company will go out to you.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Sep 12 2011, 12:04 am
I'm looking for a nurse that can specifically care for twins, know how to set them on a schedule and know how to manage twins without my assistance if I'm not around etc... I have a wonderful night nurse now, but she doesn't know how to set them on a schedule etc...

I tried the lakewood agency. Am looking for other options now. I'll call the number mentioned above.

Thanks so much

amother

Post Mon, Sep 12 2011, 12:24 am
There are 2 agencies I used, one in Monsey and one in Lakewood

Mrs. Levine 845-354-4886

Rockabye Baby 732-276-7874

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Sep 12 2011, 9:49 am
Tried both, didn't have good luck with either. I need a nurse that someone can personally vouch for.

Jacoby

Post Tue, Sep 13 2011, 1:19 pm
I'm not familiar with Monsey people but wish you lots and lots of luck.
I know how hard it is....
This lady Margaret 7185747593, lives in Brooklyn but is really good at getting them on a schedule and has experience with twins. I don't know if she's willing to travel, but why not give it a try.
Good luck

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 11:01 pm
Jacoby wrote:
This lady Margaret 7185747593, lives in Brooklyn but is really good at getting them on a schedule and has experience with twins. I don't know if she's willing to travel, but why not give it a try.
Good luck

Thank you. Have you tried her yourself? I don't want to go by just 'I heard she's good'. It's tough to keep on trying different nurses.

purplpen

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 11:26 pm
I used a nurse for my twins almost 3 years ago.... She was amazing with scheduling them and I kinda still keep to that schedule today.... Not sure if she would travel to monsey but its definitely worth giving her a call Her name is Audrey and her number is 347-752-2356

Any questions lemme know...

Enjoy your babies they grow really fast!!! Cant believe mine are almost 3!!

Jacoby

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 11:30 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Good luck

Thank you. Have you tried her yourself? I don't want to go by just 'I heard she's good'. It's tough to keep on trying different nurses.

I did not end up using her myself but I did call her references (one of whom I knew personally) and got great reviews.
I totally hear you re not wanting to try unless you know for sure Sad
Good luck again I guess is all I can say.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 12:29 am
purplpen wrote:
I used a nurse for my twins almost 3 years ago.... She was amazing with scheduling them and I kinda still keep to that schedule today.... Not sure if she would travel to monsey but its definitely worth giving her a call Her name is Audrey and her number is 347-752-2356

Any questions lemme know...

Enjoy your babies they grow really fast!!! Cant believe mine are almost 3!!

Where is she located?

purplpen

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 9:50 am
I think Brooklyn. But if she doesn't have another job right now she may be open to travel don't know you can ask her.... Shes really awesome with scheduling babies....

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 11:57 am
Most nurses are willing to travel if it's for 24 hours.

intrigued

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 1:07 pm
OT but I was wondering how 24 hour nurses work. Do they get time off to sleep? Doesn't it make more sense to get a day nurse and a night nurse so that then they can be fully into their job?

I was recently discussing with someone the differences between the 2 and I couldn't understand why it's worth-it to go for the 24 hour one over a different day and night nurse.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 9:32 pm
intrigued wrote:
OT but I was wondering how 24 hour nurses work. Do they get time off to sleep? Doesn't it make more sense to get a day nurse and a night nurse so that then they can be fully into their job?

I was recently discussing with someone the differences between the 2 and I couldn't understand why it's worth-it to go for the 24 hour one over a different day and night nurse.

Because a 24 hour nurse is cheaper than a day/night nurse by far. Both are expensive, but a 24 hour nurse comes out to a lot less.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more