Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Dont like protiens....and hcg diet????
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 12:58 pm
If I dont like fish, chicken or meat (basically very little protien) is it still possible to do the hcg diet? Can anyone give me a no of someone to call for moe info and help?

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 1:18 pm
amother wrote:
If I dont like fish, chicken or meat (basically very little protein) is it still possible to do the hcg diet? Can anyone give me a no of someone to call for more info and help?

You have to have 2 servings of 100 grams each of protein daily. Proteins can be white fishes, boneless, skinless chicken breast, lean veal, extra lean beef. Occasionally one may have eggs (I think it's 3 whites plus 1 whole) or fat free cottage cheese. There is some kind of vegan option for pea protein substitution.

If you can't manage any of these on a twice daily basis then HCG is not for you.

For more info and to download the eBook about it, go to http://ketomist.com/cmd.php?af=1205831 .

Bea21

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 1:59 pm
Either way, it's completely unhealthy to consume only 500 calories/day.

And it's a waste of money! Studies show that placebos work just as well as actual hcg for weight loss.

But it's your life, your choice--just ask a doctor you trust before going on this (or any other) fad diet.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 2:04 pm
Bea21 wrote:
Either way, it's completely unhealthy to consume only 500 calories/day.

And it's a waste of money! Studies show that placebos work just as well as actual hcg for weight loss.

But it's your life, your choice--just ask a doctor you trust before going on this (or any other) fad diet.

If you want to bash it, there is a thread about HCG bashing. OP is asking an honest question and isn't looking for bashing here.

And in fact, both my physician and DH's think it's great. It works better long term than any other diet I've tried.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 1:32 pm
If you want to bash it, there is a thread about HCG bashing. OP is asking an honest question and isn't looking for bashing here.

And in fact, both my physician and DH's think it's great. It works better long term than any other diet I've tried.[/quote]

Ditto to what ootbubby said.

HCGMOM

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 4:10 pm
OP, give it a try for a few weeks, and "force" yourself to have some protein. It could just be that your body is so used to starch, dairy and sugar that you need to reprogram your taste buds and insulin response. Once you get all of the junk out of your body, you'll find that everything that's allowed on the diet tastes AMAZING.

I made a fresh spinach salad with sliced strawberries, cooked chicken breast, a little salt and pepper and a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar. All of the flavors just sparkled together, and I was completely content with my serving size. Just think outside the box a bit, and you'll find lots of fun ways to made different meals.

(I've lost 40 pounds, and I've kept it off for over a year!)

Bea21

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 6:58 pm
Ok, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I'm bashing. I just wanted to make sure OP doesn't go into it blindly without talking it over with her doctor. Because some people will do things like that.

OOTBubby, I'm glad YOUR doctor approves of it for YOU. But that doesn't make it healthy for everyone.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 10:16 pm
Bea21 wrote:
Ok, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I'm bashing. I just wanted to make sure OP doesn't go into it blindly without talking it over with her doctor. Because some people will do things like that.

OOTBubby, I'm glad YOUR doctor approves of it for YOU. But that doesn't make it healthy for everyone.

I don't recall anyone ever recommending that they do this without a doctor's approval. The fact that so many doctors DO approve this method should tell you something. If you feel this diet is not right for YOU, please feel free to move on. Goodness knows there's a million other ways out there to lose weight (YMMV).

amother

Post Sat, Sep 10 2011, 2:45 pm
Are you allowed to do this diet if you are ttc? Meaning, no longer on birth control so theoretically can get pregnant at any point, but not specifically trying more than that.

OOTBubby

Post Sat, Sep 10 2011, 9:51 pm
amother wrote:
Are you allowed to do this diet if you are ttc? Meaning, no longer on birth control so theoretically can get pregnant at any point, but not specifically trying more than that.

The Ketomist people say it isn't a problem. Just to stop if you're pregnant. You can email them for more information.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 2:09 am
OOTBubby wrote:
amother wrote:

The Ketomist people say it isn't a problem. Just to stop if you're pregnant. You can email them for more information.

previous amother

Maybe I'm not understanding but if HCG is in your body, how can you tell if you are pregnant? Isn't that what they test to see if you are pregnant?

nicole81

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 2:34 am
if you don't eat protein, then no diet is going to work for you. protein is a necessary part of proper nutrition, and IMO, even more so for a reduced calorie diet.

as a side note, my doctor does not approve of the HCG diet.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 10:54 am
amother wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
amother wrote:

previous amother

Maybe I'm not understanding but if HCG is in your body, how can you tell if you are pregnant? Isn't that what they test to see if you are pregnant?

We are talking about Homeopathic HCG -- it does not contain the actual HCG hormone (I wouldn't want to mess with real hormones); only the effects of it (through the chemical/magnetic signature of the hormone -- I don't understand how it works, but it does).

de_goldy

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 11:01 am
nicole81 wrote:
if you don't eat protein, then no diet is going to work for you. protein is a necessary part of proper nutrition, and IMO, even more so for a reduced calorie diet.

I don't agree with that.
It's possible to go on a very healthy diet of fruits, vegetables and grains - quinoa, brown rice, millet, oats, spelt etc.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 11:06 am
de_goldy wrote:
nicole81 wrote:

I don't agree with that.
It's possible to go on a very healthy diet of fruits, vegetables and grains - quinoa, brown rice, millet, oats, spelt etc.

Well, that's because some vegetables and grains actually have a nice amount of protein. Eliminating protein completely is not healthy and cannot be sustained in the long run without running into health risks.

de_goldy

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 11:09 am
Right, but OP is talking about animal proteins.

nicole81

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 11:18 am
de_goldy wrote:
nicole81 wrote:

I don't agree with that.

ok you're right about that. quinoa for example is an excellent protein source. but the OP needs protein, no matter what the source.

I don't know OP, but I would hazard a guess that someone who is so desperate to lose weight that they're considering the HCG diet, doesn't regularly eat such foods, and is probably filling up on refined carbs and fats. and making such a switch would be a difficult change and a lifetime of commitment, not a quick fix like they're looking for. maybe I'm wrong though.

ETA: is it even possible to get enough proteins from a fruit/veggies/grains diet and keep it extremely low calorie? I'm not saying such a diet is unhealthy, actually it sounds great, and the addition of beans would make it even better. but for a very low calorie diet, (which I think is unhealthy) I'm not sure it's possible to get enough protein from those grains alone.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 11:41 am
Nicole, you're making a lot of assumptions there.

I am on day 3 of HCG now, and I'm quite enjoying it. From the age of 5 I have been on every diet possible. Weight watchers, Atkins, South Beach, Low fat, Low calorie, No Carb, and so on. I work out regularly and anyone that knows me knows that I wouldn't be caught dead with a white carb or sugar or unhealthy fat (only almonds or avocado). And yet, the scale doesn't budge.

Unfortunately, from years of dieting, my body is messed up, as a doctor explained to me. I have been tp dieticians and nutritionists who told me there's nothing they can do for me. HCG is supposed to correct all that, reset my body, and I can't wait.

I don't think your statements are fair. Someone that's 'desperate enough' to try HCG fills up on refined carbs and fats? Why? It's a very very broad statement.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 11:47 am
nicole81 wrote:
I don't know OP, but I would hazard a guess that someone who is so desperate to lose weight that they're considering the HCG diet, doesn't regularly eat such foods, and is probably filling up on refined carbs and fats. and making such a switch would be a difficult change and a lifetime of commitment, not a quick fix like they're looking for. maybe I'm wrong though.

I think that the whole point of a HCG diet is to make a lifetime of commitment to learn to eat the right way for your body. What is great is that the HCG gives the rapid weight loss to get you going and then gives you a great maintenance program to help you learn the right way for your body for the rest of your life. Many people are shortsighted and only look at the fast weight loss (I'll admit that I did too at first), but the real key of an HGC protocol long term is that it gives you the tools to maintain the loss.

nicole81

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
Nicole, you're making a lot of assumptions there.

I am on day 3 of HCG now, and I'm quite enjoying it. From the age of 5 I have been on every diet possible. Weight watchers, Atkins, South Beach, Low fat, Low calorie, No Carb, and so on. I work out regularly and anyone that knows me knows that I wouldn't be caught dead with a white carb or sugar or unhealthy fat (only almonds or avocado). And yet, the scale doesn't budge.

Unfortunately, from years of dieting, my body is messed up, as a doctor explained to me. I have been tp dieticians and nutritionists who told me there's nothing they can do for me. HCG is supposed to correct all that, reset my body, and I can't wait.

I don't think your statements are fair. Someone that's 'desperate enough' to try HCG fills up on refined carbs and fats? Why? It's a very very broad statement.

you may not eat those types of foods-- and that's great-- but do you really think it's misguided to assume that most overweight non-protein eating people are like you? there's a reason obesity is an epidemic. and there's a reason fast food businesses are so successful (and it's not from their salad menu) and taking a look at a shelf in the supermarket is also telling.

if someone doesn't eat animal protein at all, obviously hcg isn't for them. and the only diet they could be successful on is an extremely well planned one, probably created after consulting with a nutritionist.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise