Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Medical Transcribers Australia Based.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 2:18 am
Hi Everyone,
I recently was looking into a medical transcriber training and job that was sent out through my communities weekly email. My concern is how do I know if it is a scam or not. Has anyone had any experience with or trained for such a thing at home. I am located in israel and they seem to be catering to ppl in israel. I just feel like maybe it s a little fishy, the person in charge of it is named Mendel Monk and he is from Australia.
Anyone who has any input I would appreciate it thanks.

shaini

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 3:50 am
I'm based in Australia. Not sure if it was the same but could be a year ago I tried to long into a website advertising something similar either medical or legal transcription training and it wouldn't let me log in to get info from the website. Maybe you could PM me with the website details and if I come across anything I can let you know.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 8:52 am
I got the same thing and was wondering exactly what you were wondering. Has anyone here done this?

buzz

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 9:09 am
I am Australian and Mendel Monk Is a guy from sydney, he has married kids etc, so unless someone scammed his name it seems to be legit.
I just asked my dh is is from sydney and he says it makes perfect sense! He is a doctor, but now is in charge of a medical clinic..

Rodent

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 9:55 am
Why would a Sydney dr need a transcriptionist in Israel? Not saying it's dodgy, maybe they're trying to get work done on the cheap as wages are on the high side here and they're outsourcing. As an Australian it kinda annoys me though

sendamommy

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 5:11 am
I work for this company. Its called Ozescribe and their training program is called Ozetrainer. Mendel Munk is a frum yid from Australia who is trying to help other frum people (not do things on the cheap side). I know a number of people who he has helped get a job through the company. There are quite a few people working in Israel for them. (they actually hire people in the US, Canada, England, etc probably because they have people around the clock so why not try to find jobs for more frum people).

If you have any questions feel free to ask. You can PM me

amother

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 5:22 am
amother wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I recently was looking into a medical transcriber training and job that was sent out through my communities weekly email. My concern is how do I know if it is a scam or not. Has anyone had any experience with or trained for such a thing at home. I am located in israel and they seem to be catering to ppl in israel. I just feel like maybe it s a little fishy, the person in charge of it is named Mendel Monk and he is from Australia.
Anyone who has any input I would appreciate it thanks.
Do you know if they still need people? I have been looking for just such a job for a long time.
Do you know if they train you to do the transcripting?

sendamommy

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 5:26 am
They have their own training program. It takes a while to train depending on how much time you have to do it (like over a year). Their training program is expensive (I think around $3000). Let me know if you want to know more or want Mendel Munk's email (PM me for that)

amother

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 5:34 am
sendamommy wrote:
They have their own training program. It takes a while to train depending on how much time you have to do it (like over a year). Their training program is expensive (I think around $3000). Let me know if you want to know more or want Mendel Munk's email (PM me for that)
I am the previous amother.
Wow, 3000 dollars to be trained? Thats a lot. No, thank you, thats a bit too much.

sendamommy

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 5:37 am
I am not sure exactly but are you in the US because you could do it for less? Also there is a company in Lakewood that also has a course-Documeds

Last edited by sendamommy on Wed, Sep 14 2011, 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 5:40 am
sendamommy wrote:
I am not sure exactly but are you in the us?
Again, I am the previous amother and I am in Israel.

bigbird

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 5:44 am
It's not $3000 to be trained. It's a course and when you have finished you're considered experienced because of the very extensive practical section of the course and you are recognised all over the world. Check out Career Step because that is the course, Ozetrainer is the Australian distributor of the course. The advantage of going with Ozetrainer is that they virtually guarantee you a job with their sister company Ozescribe (they've placed 100% of their graduates so they say). I did their course and am now working for Ozescribe but the course takes a loooong time....

amother

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 5:48 am
bigbird wrote:
It's not $3000 to be trained. It's a course and when you have finished you're considered experienced because of the very extensive practical section of the course and you are recognised all over the world. Check out Career Step because that is the course, Ozetrainer is the Australian distributor of the course. The advantage of going with Ozetrainer is that they virtually guarantee you a job with their sister company Ozescribe (they've placed 100% of their graduates so they say). I did their course and am now working for Ozescribe but the course takes a loooong time....
So then what was 3000 dollars?
Also, is it a virtual training course?

sendamommy

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 5:55 am
Its like Bigbird said. They offer a course which trains you to be a medical transcriptionist. Their training program which is done online and is very comprehensive (which explains why it takes so long) costs 3000 Australian dollars and they will give you a job when you have successfully completed the training. They do use Career Step's course which you can take on your own if you live in the US but they dont guarantee you a job.

bigbird

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 6:04 am
One thing I need to make clear from the outset - this will probably put some people off but you need to make sure you're in this for the right reasons:

This is not a quick way to make money from home. The course takes longer than a year (even longer for some of us, depending on how much time a day you can devote to it)
Then, once you start working it takes a good few months until you've familiarised yourself with the processes (not transcribing but all the extra details which can't be taught in the course such as verifying doctors/patients names and addresses etc) and work yourself up to the level where you can earn (what I consider anyway) a decent amount of $.

Personally, for my lifestyle - a mum with little kids - I think it suits because I can take off if I need over holidays or if kids are sick. For us it's a supplementary income - dh works full time - so when I take off (and obviously aren't earning) it's not the end of the world. Even if I sometimes get a bit fed up with being cooped up at home in front of the computer, there is a reason I chose this and it's because my family comes first. Make sure you know why you're doing this before you start because you can get fed up with it very easily otherwise.

sendamummy where are you based? I'm with Ozescribe too - would you like to get in touch?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers