Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Dini/ blush/ atara/ jessica, shevy elite... anyone???
1  2  Next

drs

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 6:36 pm
hi does anyone own any of the following sheitels?
dini/ blush/ atara/ jessica, shevy elite

if so, I would greatly appreciate any feedback that you have especially if you've owned it longer than a year. thanks a million! buying a sheitel is soooo stressful and annoying!

#1mommy2002

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 8:12 pm
yes I have a shevy and im SO happy with it. I heard people had trouble because it knots on the bottom but ive had it for at least a year and 1/2 and very happy.
A friend of mine wanted to get a blush, she said her shaitel macher was very into them especially for women in their 40's 50's it has a softness to the look, not like the shevys which are flat - good for younger people. The blush has more I guess height? im not sure.

jewels

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 8:22 pm
I have a Blush that I got around 6 years ago, still looks amazing. My sister has a Blush that she bought the exact same time as me and she hates hers and it looks awful. It's really a lot of luck, but some brands are more consistently better. I'm looking into buying one now also but I'm looking at either a Shevi, Noa, or Tori. It's probably going to come down to either a Shevi or Noa - my friends who have those love them and they look fantastic. Good luck!!

drs

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 8:41 pm
#1mommy2002 wrote:
yes I have a shevy and im SO happy with it. I heard people had trouble because it knots on the bottom but ive had it for at least a year and 1/2 and very happy.

you have the shevy mb or elite? I have the mb which I like, it was knotting but they fixed it. I'm thinking of the elite b/c the regular shevy is so expensive

drs

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 8:42 pm
jewels wrote:
I have a Blush that I got around 6 years ago, still looks amazing. My sister has a Blush that she bought the exact same time as me and she hates hers and it looks awful. It's really a lot of luck, but some brands are more consistently better. I'm looking into buying one now also but I'm looking at either a Shevi, Noa, or Tori. It's probably going to come down to either a Shevi or Noa - my friends who have those love them and they look fantastic. Good luck!!

what is a noa and tori? how much are these? thanks a mil!
are you considering the shevy that's more or less expensive?

jewels

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 8:50 pm
drs wrote:
jewels wrote:

what is a noa and tori? how much are these? thanks a mil!
are you considering the shevy that's more or less expensive?

Noa and Tori are both based in Brooklyn, they're both pretty well known there. Noa's are anywhere from $2000 and up I think depending on the length. Tori's start at less but Noa s are known to be better. Again this is all based on what my friends tell me Very Happy I'm just starting to look now but from what I hear to get a nice Shevy I'm going to have to spend about $2500 or more?

SDARY

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 4:24 pm
I got a Renaissance from Chayas precuts and I love it- I get so many compliments and its so comfortable!

honeygold

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 4:40 pm
I have a Shuly that I got for shabbos. I love it. It only costed $1200

SingALong

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 5:22 pm
I have 2 shevy elites, love them both. first one I got 4 years ago for $1700, second I got 2 years later, it was about $1900. both were long like 18" but if u go shorter then its a bit cheaper.

#1mommy2002

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 7:00 pm
I had the mbl, im thinking of getting an Elite, but its not THAT big of a difference (at least where im from! I mean its already over my budget!)

for those of you interested theres also something callled Sonia, supposed to be VERY good. I never owned one, its a newer company I think closer to the shevy type

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 7:16 pm
What's the email for sonia?

drs

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 7:43 pm
ok so after speaking to my hairdresser (non-jewish) who is completely not biased, she told me to get a sophia. there are 2 lines, mongolian and european. I don't know which I'm going to get but I'll look into it. another sheitel macher told me to expect to get one year of wear for every $500 spent. I don't know.

happyone

Post Sat, Sep 17 2011, 9:10 pm
I absolutely love my Miri. I have it over a year and it looks and feels brand new.

chocolate chips

Post Sat, Sep 17 2011, 9:40 pm
Wigs are complicated shopping trips!
I have a kiki and I really am not that crazy over it but I have 3 friends all with kiki and they love theirs!! Each and every wig is different and is really luck at the end of the day!

MamaBear

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 7:57 am
I have a Shevy custom hat fall (really bad purchase as a kallah) that I hate. The texture was all wrong and it's ridiculously thick. And I have a Freeda that didn't work out so well either. It had little mazal. lol Both great expensive brands that usualy lead to a great sheitel.

It just means you have to make sure the brand backs up their product if you have a problem, that you take someone knowledgable with you, and that you really take your time finding the perfect one. And the reality is, a cheaper one will not last as long. The hair is more processed which is why it's cheaper. It will not last over 5 yrs. Make sure the texture is what you want and that it's comfortable and that the color is more or less right. The texture is hard to change (other than putting a ton or product in it and only wearing it freshly blown out), a cap can be adjused but I've had it done and it's never quite like a cap that fits from the beginning. And regarding color, you can dye a sheitel but, in my experience, it often leads to more and more dyeing b/c it oxidizes sooner.

YS

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 7:20 pm
Atara shaitel- I am looking into getting an Atara shaitel- anybody have one? Please share what you think of Atara shaitel

Yehudis Steiner

letschat

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 7:56 pm
I have 2 shevy elites. The hair is soft and silky, but one of them got a hole in the skin part. I heard the skins are not very strong..... Mad

speaks the truth

Post Sat, Nov 12 2011, 5:55 pm
I have had a shevy elite and a blush for 3 years now, and the shevy is like brand new, but I only wore it shabbos. my blush is my everyday sheitel and its holding up pretty well considering its a cheaper sheitel and I wear it every day. it holds a syle very well bec. its coarser hair, while the shevy's is very silky fine, flat hair. both were good purchases.

Happy18

Post Sat, Nov 12 2011, 6:15 pm
I have a blush ponytail sheitel that I am very happy with. Its about a year old at this point so I can't tell you how long they last.

southernima

Post Sat, Nov 12 2011, 7:56 pm
I have a shevy MB. It was my first wig and I wore it every day. 2.5 years later its on it's last leg...lots and lots of split ends, I wear it as my running around sheitle. It was very pretty for two years but after that it was pretty worn out - however I will mention it was a blond; which seem to have a shorter life then brunettes.

I have a Kiki I love. I have a freeda fall I like very much. I have a clary that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!

I was not happy with my tori. I never really liked it, it didn't look very good after a few months and after a year it felt like straw.

I hear Noa's are great. I am thinking of getting one. Curious to know if anyone has tried an Atara. I saw it at a sale and they looked gorgeous and EXTREMELY reasonable, but I was too afraid to try it.

I've also heard good things about Allegrias.

I've heard Sophia's can be hit or miss. I know many who love the European line - but say they last about a year. This is 2nd hand information of course Smile

Last edited by southernima on Sun, Nov 13 2011, 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels