Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Yom kippur -preparing shiurim just in case

e1234

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 3:12 pm
I asked a shailah about fasting and was told to fast but to prepare shiurim in case

anyone prepare them? what do you keep them I and how many do you make?

water or juice or what's best?

I hope I don't need them but I guess I should prepare just in case

Liba

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 3:14 pm
I have fasted by shuirim on Yom Kipur before, but I had a shot glass marked and stuffed food in it before I ate it, didn't prepare anything before. I was never told to. I am interested to hear what others did.

boruchhashem

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 4:01 pm
I take ensure for shiurim. It serves the best purpose and it sure does fill the title of doing it only because I must. Hatzlacha and a gmar chasima tova to all.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 4:28 pm
I was not told to prepare the actual drink in advance, just to measure out how much it is and mark off the cup. Then on YK I just filled to the line every time I had to drink. My rav recommended a Powerade type of drink, to increase the chance that shiurim would work and I wouldn't have to go to larger amounts. Maybe that's what he meant for you too?

MamaBear

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 9:16 pm
I don't think your rav meant to measure out tons of tiny shot glasses of liquid or food. But if you're in shul then there's nothing there other than tap water. At home you have a stocked kitchen but if you'll be in shul or somewhere with nothing to eat or drink, prepare something to measure out in case you need it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note