Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sophia Wigs - Can anyone give me real feedback/help me decid

Malasheval

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 1:20 pm
Hi everyone,

I know this has been discussed once or twice before, but there haven't really been any concrete details given, and I really would like to know before Y"T. What's the deal with Sophia wigs? How's the hair? Is it officially Mongolian or European? Are you happy with yours? Do you wear it often?

Well, I guess my real question is this:

I would like a wig that will last longer than a year or two. I have a fantastic Shevy right now, but I would like to save it for Shabbos and get another for weekday use. Another Shevy will cost at least $2200, but IME they tend to last me 4-5 years. A Sophia will cost me about $800, but I don't know how long it will last. Is it worthwhile to get a Sophia, or am I wasting my $$ in the long run?

Opinions? Any and all advice will be appreciated.

TIA.

drs

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 6:30 pm
hey u sound exactly like me. I have a shevy for shabbos and I'm upgrading my everyday. I bought a sophia, european. it looks pretty, the hair is nice, looks like it can have some height at the crown, don't know about holding a style cuz I'm wearing mine straight. havent had it cut yet. I'll let u know after succos! from ppl I spoke to, one friend said if u can afford the euro then go with it. I have seen a few mongolians. hate to say this but some really don't look good. those were straight. the gorgeous one was in waves. it could be how the person wears and washes it. I don't want to give it a bad name cuz I don't own a mongolian. but just from running your fingers through the hair u can see the euro is nicer. mongolian might hold waves better, and u don't really brush waves so......... good luck!

Malasheval

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 6:35 pm
drs wrote:
hey u sound exactly like me. I have a shevy for shabbos and I'm upgrading my everyday. I bought a sophia, european. it looks pretty, the hair is nice, looks like it can have some height at the crown, don't know about holding a style cuz I'm wearing mine straight. havent had it cut yet. I'll let u know after succos! from ppl I spoke to, one friend said if u can afford the euro then go with it. I have seen a few mongolians. hate to say this but some really don't look good. those were straight. the gorgeous one was in waves. it could be how the person wears and washes it. I don't want to give it a bad name cuz I don't own a mongolian. but just from running your fingers through the hair u can see the euro is nicer. mongolian might hold waves better, and u don't really brush waves so......... good luck!

Thanks so much for responding!

Do you mind if I ask you how much you paid for the Euro?

drs

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 8:20 pm
$850 it's about 20 inches. I forgot to mention that I know a sheitel macher that loves the mongolian sophias. whatever u get, good luck.

Malasheval

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 2:54 am
Thank you!

That was really helpful.

Chag sameach!

zaza

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 7:05 am
I dont wana dissapoint you, but I had a sophia which was a pure disaster- felt like a synthetic wig, really!!!I know some others who have a sophia too, and are not happy!

drs

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 8:47 am
zaza, is your wig mongolian sophia or european? is it a sophie or sophia? thanks.

jflower

Post Sat, Oct 15 2011, 7:44 pm
My sister, 2 friends and I all bought Sophia sheitels in June and we're all very satisfied. The European hair wigs are very straight and silky, which is not the look we wanted. We all went with the less expensive line, which has more body. We paid between $700 - 800 including cut.

We got a recommendation from another friend who has hers for about 1 year and is thrilled.

tryingmybest

Post Sat, Oct 15 2011, 11:09 pm
I don't have any sophias (I stick with shevys) but my friend just told me she has one and is very happy with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels