Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Helping out the Overweight Husband

amother

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 9:29 am
DH has decided that he would love to lose some of the 50 pounds he has gained in the few years we have been married. Unfortunately, time and money constraints are a big issue for us, we both work more than full time.
I was thinking of helping him do a spin-off of weight watchers (we can't afford to do the official program) since I believe that it promotes long term better eating habits than, say, atkins or south beach. Do any of you have suggestions on things I should suggest for him to do or things I can cook for him? Chicken cutlets get boring pretty quickly, and he is not a big vegetable eater (hopefully I can change that!!)

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 9:45 am
The most important things to do first are to cut out the high calorie non meal items. Such as soda, juice, chips, etc. I know men who have lost significant amounts of weight by just eliminate soda and juice and noshing between meals.

Stock up on healthy nosh and get rid of the junk.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 10:40 am
Does he get a lunch break? My health insurance pays for my gym membership and I go them. Even half an hour of exercise is beneficial.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 11:18 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Does he get a lunch break? My health insurance pays for my gym membership and I go them. Even half an hour of exercise is beneficial.

OP here- he does get a lunch break, but it's half an hour so by the time he could get to a gym and change into workout clothes he would have about... negative time.

It really is a wonderful idea for those whose situations allow though
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise