Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
I started a blog on organizing. check it out!
1  2  Next

shayna82

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 7:27 pm
declutterwithcreeger.blogspot.com

curlyhead

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 7:36 pm
Thanks. I marked it as a favorite.

shayna82

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 7:40 pm
Thanks for your support!

curlyhead

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 7:44 pm
I need all the organizing tips I could get.
I need advice on how to get the kids not to make a mess and how to motivate them to cleanup.

shayna82

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 7:48 pm
How old are your kids?

My 8, 6, and 4 year old know not to take out more than 2 toys/activities at a time and put them back if they want something new.

I am very big into letting them know that its ok to make a mess, but it needs to be cleaned up

I also do contests to see who can clean up nicely in the shortest amounts of time and I have a sticker chart for that

Good Luck!

lamplighter

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 7:48 pm
I'm bookmarking it!

shayna82

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 7:49 pm
Curlyhead- also downsizing helps. Go thru your toys and put away unused toys, or things that the kids have outgrown.

Then you will have less to clean up!

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 9:02 pm
Just thought you should know that one post per page makes for slightly annoying reading.

Other than that, I look forward to reading your ideas. In terms of training kids to put toys away, mine is only 10 months old but I would love to start off on the right foot - when did you start teaching your kids to be organized, and how?

shayna82

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 9:48 pm
Seeker thanks for the comment. I had it on the other setting, with multiple postings, but people complained that that way was annoying! LOL.

shayna82

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 9:49 pm
Firstly, I make cleaning an activity on its own. If its balls lets say, we try to make baskets as a clean-up activity.
as soon as my kids can understand, I would say at around a year, we start doing the clean-up.

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 10:36 pm
shayna82 wrote:
Seeker thanks for the comment. I had it on the other setting, with multiple postings, but people complained that that way was annoying! LOL.

That's so strange. I read a lot of blogs and it is quite standard to have about 7 posts on a page. My internet is not always so speedy with loading a new page every time I want to read another paragraph.

I think pictures of your beautiful organized home would also enhance the blog a lot Smile

shayna82

Post Tue, Oct 11 2011, 11:43 am
seeker, check out todays post. I posted a picture of my pens/marker area in my playroom

Maya

Post Tue, Oct 11 2011, 1:04 pm
I checked it out and bookmarked it. Thanks!

supermama2

Post Tue, Oct 11 2011, 2:52 pm
Great site! Look forward to looking into it more. The green on green was a bit hard on the eyes..just my .02 Smile Keep up the good work!

Laughing Bag!

Post Tue, Oct 11 2011, 4:42 pm
I checked it out however couldnt read properly the green on green coloring was barely visible Sad
it does sound interesting tho good luck

shayna82

Post Wed, Oct 12 2011, 3:47 pm
I changed the coloring so it is now more user friendly

Yidishemomma1

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 8:10 pm
Theres a book a freind of mine recommended to me called "Cluttters Last Stand"

Yidishemomma1

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 8:44 pm
Yidishemomma1 wrote:
Theres a book a freind of mine recommended to me called "Cluttters Last Stand"

Yes! yes! You must read this book, as well as anything else you can get your hands on written by the same author. Even if you're so neat you fold your socks before you wash them, you have to read these books just for the entertainment value. This man is LOL funny! As a bonus, he gives good advice without being drill-sergeant bossy like flylady or preachy-preachy like that other organizing expert whose name escapes me just now.

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 8:52 pm
have some rachmones on those of us with aging eyes: we need contrast! I love the blue on lavender...for a sweater. Not for reading. Ditto the grey on lavender. Please, please...if plain black on white or navy blue on white is too pedestrian for you, at least make your background color lighter and your text color darker. Much, much darker. Young-women-dressed-for-a-winter-wedding-in-Lakewood darker. Otherwise, you may as well post a banner saying "this blog is intended solely for people under 40" and be done with it.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 8:58 pm
Very nice, and good advice!

I don't care for that typewriter type of font, but maybe others like it; I do see it around.

Are you doing this as a hobby or looking to make money with the blog?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media