Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Gmail account hacked

curlyhead

Post Sat, Oct 15 2011, 7:37 pm
I got a message on gmail that someone from Brazil accessed my account. What does that mean? I changed my password what else do I have to do?

mirror

Post Sat, Oct 15 2011, 10:17 pm
It would be best if you can post it so we can see it and tell you whether it is a genuine email from gmail or whether it is scam. If it is a scam, you need to contact gmail right away and let them know what happened.

Last edited by mirror on Tue, Dec 29 2015, 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dini20

Post Sat, Oct 15 2011, 10:22 pm
If you scroll all the way down when you're in your inbox, it says "last account activity, details". Click on details & you can see which IP addresses have signed onto your account. See if there are any others besides your computer (or any that you've used to sign on). & you can sign out any other users just to be safe. I got that message from gmail once & it actually was when someone had hacked my account (I knew about it before they emailed me though).

tryingmybest

Post Sat, Oct 15 2011, 11:14 pm
I was hacked a few months ago and didn't take any chances. I just started a new account even though I was told it was probably nothing major if I changed my password.

curlyhead

Post Sat, Oct 15 2011, 11:34 pm
I did not get an email just a message when checking gmail on the browser. It lists brazil as one of the last account activity and notes it as suspicious. Dini 20 I did eveyrthing you said as soon as I was aware of the problem

iriska_meller

Post Sat, Oct 15 2011, 11:45 pm
Well, my account on gmail started all of a sudden sending out inappropriate emails to everyone in the mailing history... very embarrassing. I also got the message that the account was accessed from Mexico, I think. But changing password to a new one with letters, numbers and special symbols seems to have taken care of the problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics