Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
So what would YOU like as a gift from EY?
Previous  1  2

cl

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 6:15 pm
LOL!

kitov

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 6:20 pm
Barbara wrote:
freidasima wrote:
If you want to spend a bit more you can get the "pish cups" as my friends call them, the big winecup in the holder that when you pour in goes into 8 smaller cups and each one gets enough for a brocho, it's cute, and families with lots of kids or lots of guests find them really nice, they have them not in silver so it is not that expensive.

I used to like those things (they're called kiddush fountains) until I read this. I may never take kiddush from one again.

Excuse me FS, but that is crude language. We own one, from Israel no less, with kossel engraving on the set. To call a kiddush set "p*sh set" is disgusting.

Reminds me of the story of the kohen who referred to his size of karben as that of a mouse tail. When a sage said to look into his maasim, it was discovered he wasn't worthy of the avodeh. Making cross reference of a thing used for heilige purpose to a dirty body function shows a lack of something.

cl

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 8:05 pm
They r a pain 2 clean so I don't bother 2 use mine

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 9:45 pm
cl--two words: Pipe Cleaners! Also known as Chenille Sticks that the kiddies use in arts & crafts.

Unless by cleaning you mean polishing the silver, in which case I agree with you.

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 10:10 pm
Dear Amother:

How nice of you to ask! I wouldn't want to impose, but since you're already asking, I'll take you at your word. If it's not too much trouble and you're not shlepping too much already, please bring me:

4 bottles Tayadent
6 bars Neca 7 baby soap
1 big bottle each Ahava bath gel and hand and body lotion
1 case Elite Must bubble gum
2 rolls Cookit parchment paper, largest size
1 500-gram container each halvah in plain, pistachio, almond and chocolate-covered
1 bottle batsheva perfume (if excess weight is an issue, dump the perfume and just bring the bottle)
1 largest-size bottle each of original (chocolate-orange, not orange) and coffee Sabra liqueur
5 or 6 folding plastic flower vases
1 set postage-stamp-size chumashim (I can't possibly read them but I want to prove to my neighbor that it's been done)
2 sets silver "pidyon haben" coins (may as well be prepared)
1 dozen red thread bracelets from Kever Rochel (ditto)
and if you have room in your hand luggage at the last minute,
1 Yemenite shofar--the long, twisted kind. They may try to confiscate it in US Customs, but if you cry prettily and tell them it's a family heirloom bequeathed to you by your late grandfather whose funeral you're coming from, they may let it go.

Thanks so much, and if it's too much trouble, leave the shofar. That one's a long shot, anyway. Shkoyach.

Love,
Zaq

frumshopper

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 10:15 pm
I love zaq's list, but I think she left off the 2 dozen each of chocolate and cinnamon ruggelach from Marzipan, the fresher the better - just let me know where/when to meet you to pick them up!

Thanks and have a safe and uneventful flight.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 10:26 am
zaq wrote:

I realize your post is tongue-in-cheek, but am wondering if the above mentioned parchment paper is any different from what we get in the US (I can buy all kinds of brands, rolls, sheets in all kinds of sizes)?

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 3:05 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
zaq wrote:

I realize your post is tongue-in-cheek, but am wondering if the above mentioned parchment paper is any different from what we get in the US (I can buy all kinds of brands, rolls, sheets in all kinds of sizes)?

Bubbalah, you miss my point entirely. It's isn't that I'm in love with these products that I can't get anywhere else; it's that I love these products because they're made in EY. Like you love your kids not because they're smarter, more obedient and better-looking than any others, but because they're your kids. I'd appreciate toilet paper if it came from EY, even if it were the sandpapery stuff we had on kibbutz in the 70s.

But since you ask, the roll I have is really wide so one piece covers a full jelly-roll pan. I bought it--in the kosher aisle in a USA supermarket--several years ago but now all they have is a much narrower and shorter roll for much more money. I'd have bought 2 or 3 rolls had I known this would happen.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 3:08 pm
zaq wrote:
But since you ask, the roll I have is really wide so one piece covers a full jelly-roll pan. I bought it--in the kosher aisle in a USA supermarket--several years ago but now all they have is a much narrower and shorter roll for much more money. I'd have bought 2 or 3 rolls had I known this would happen.

If you need -- I'll send you some wide rolls from my local Chicago grocery -- they have them Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics