Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
All BY teens in NY wearing UGGS as Boots? cheaper options???

amother

Post Mon, Oct 24 2011, 12:44 pm
OK. Please tell me that there are some good knockoffs or other boot that is in for Bais Yaakov teens that does not cost over 100 dollars.

While I have the money to spend, BH, I find it obscene to do so on a pair of footwear.

On the other hand, I dont want my daughter to be the outcast or neb of the school.

So is every High School girl sporting Uggs this season, or are there any other alternatives that are in?

Please enlighten.

mha3484

Post Mon, Oct 24 2011, 12:53 pm
Personally if I had the money to spend, my child's feet have stopped growing and she took good care of her possessions I would buy them. I find that they add so much warmth to skirts. I have a leather pair which hold up great in snow and rain. They are going on their third winter. The suede ones that I have get wrecked so easily.

Yocheved84

Post Mon, Oct 24 2011, 1:35 pm
There are companies that make faux-uggs--no one would know the difference. the problem, though, is quality (though they have a large variety). That said, they are apt to fall apart. And as it is, the regular suede uggs always fall apart.
Go to Payless and buy the Airwalks--they are 40 dollars (though probably closer to 30 now) and look **exactly** the same.
Have you considered buying a pair of functional boots she can wear while walking to school and then changing into the Uggs while at school so they last longer? I never understood people trekking through snow in non-waterproof boots that were originally intended for the indoor ski lounges...

Annie

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 1:09 am
depending on how large her feet are, you might be able to get large ones in the children's section at a place like Nordstroms. I have a friend who got herself a pair there that are the same as the adult version, but cost about $40 less.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 1:17 am
Here are some on sale:

http://snowbootssaleclearance.com/

here are some more:

http://www.overstock.com/searc.....eader
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children