Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Baby Monitors

busydev

Post Mon, Oct 24 2011, 9:24 pm
We are trying to find a good quality monitor that doesn't cost to much.
We are looking for sound only (no video). I wouldn't mind if it had lights that lit up when it "heard" sound (even if the volume was turned down)

We looked at some reviews online and many seemed to have a problem with battery life and out of range beeping.

I wanted to know what monitors you found that worked well.

TIA

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Oct 24 2011, 10:33 pm
I looked for ages at reviews and prices etc.
one day I was in babies r us and saw the safety 1st monitor a base for the babies room and a listener for the parents. it cost in the range of $23 (was 20% sale).

So far so good, they are really clear, they have lights so even if the volume is off you can see if there is a noise and the base has a temperature thermometer to tell you the temperature in the baby room as well as a one touch night light.
BH very happy.

spring13

Post Tue, Nov 01 2011, 1:05 pm
I've tried a couple of monitors, and found that there are a few things that can affect a monitor's function that may or may not be an issue for everyone. If you have wireless internet, that can interfere with the frequency on which the monitor operates. And if you live in an apartment building or otherwise densely populated area, other people's monitors or internet can interfere with yours.

We have an inexpensive Safety 1st one that works really well at my in-laws or my grandmother's, but not at our house because our upstairs neighbors have the same one. We end up hearing their daughter crying, not ours! We also got a First Years one that seems to conflict with our internet - it beeps a lot as it changes frequency, and we're not fans of it overall.

Friends of mine got an Angelcare audio monitor, and I'm considering trying it, since their motion sensors are popular. My friend says they never have interference issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics