Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Virtual Assistance/Secretary

amother

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 3:21 am
Does anyone do this?
I would love to work virtually from home.
How does one get to a job like this?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 5:47 am
I pay a VA in the Midwest a monthly retainer to do customer service work for my business.

She has a training program to learn to become a VA- you can contact her through her VA site: http://essentialofficesupport.com/

You can also find VA jobs to bid upon on elance.

Do you have any special skills that you bring to the table? Do you know Wordpress, html, are you a good writer, designer, etc?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 6:20 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I pay a VA in the Midwest a monthly retainer to do customer service work for my business.

She has a training program to learn to become a VA- you can contact her through her VA site: http://essentialofficesupport.com/

You can also find VA jobs to bid upon on elance.

Do you have any special skills that you bring to the table? Do you know Wordpress, html, are you a good writer, designer, etc?
No, I dont have any specific talents. I have worked as a secretary a few times, and I would love to again, but from home.

Jewish Mother2

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 12:00 am
I did this about 6 or 7 years ago. I had been working in a job as a secretary but for various reasons I needed to work from home. I told my boss that I would continue to work from her from home on a freelance basis and she agreed. I then saw an advert for someone who was looking for a virtual assistant and before I even started I had two clients.

It was good while it lasted but you have to be very disciplined and it's hard finding other clients.

You do need to have good skills though otherwise you have no selling point.

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 2:40 am
what's the average rate for a virtual secretary/independent contractor? I got a a job like that and its 14$ per hr , I have a feeling I got duped financially Smile

working hard

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 5:29 am
I am getting paid $15 an hour for such a job and I know someone who is getting $12. The going rate is less when you work from home.

sunspot

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 5:42 am
If you feel you were duped...maybe you should tell the person who hired you that you do not want to work for them because you are not doing yourself or them a favor with that attitude

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 5:59 am
excuse me I just asked for an opinion on rate, not for a comment about my possible attitude!

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 6:08 am
I paid one of my VA's $45 per hour and one $30 per hour. I wonder if we're talking about different skill sets.

When you say VA you mean someone who's been certified through one of the online programs and has strong coding and sm knowledge, etc? Or are you talking about someone who likes to type and do data entry? Two different balls of wax.

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 6:33 am
wow, no I'm probably a more advanced of the second option, good to know though, I might look into getting that kind of job! do you know what are reputable places to train?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics