Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Post Your Mazali Experience!
1  2  Next

checkbefore

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 11:29 am
Anyone want to share their thoughts on their Mazali wig? I am looking into falls and wondering how this one compares to a Jap or Milano.

gold21

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 11:46 am
I got a mazali recently (in late july/ early august), and I love it.

its a 16 inch, dark brown wig, and so far I am very happy with it.

it is pretty and shiny and healthy-looking.

it does tend to be straight (I think my shevy holds wavy styles better), but I like straight hair, so it doesnt bother me.

my close friend has a mazali which she really likes- she got it a couple of years ago and recommended it, which is why I got it.

also, my mom has a mazali and my sis has one too, and they are both very happy.

checkbefore

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 11:49 am
Do you know anyone that has the fall? How long have your friend and family members had them? Do you know if they oxidize? I am dark dark brown.

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 11:54 am
I have a dark dark brown that my mother bought for me abt 3 trs ago, ive hardly worn it so I cant say abt oxidizing yet.

mpk

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 12:00 pm
I hate mine. I never felt comfortable wearing it. Love me Shevy fall and Blush wig.

checkbefore

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 12:02 pm
Clarivka, why haven't you worn it?
mpk, why wasn't it comfortable?

eraiser

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 12:03 pm
I've had one for close to 5 years and it's still in pretty good shape. It really doesn't look like it's that old! I actually just bought another one and so far I'm enjoying it.

checkbefore

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 12:04 pm
eraiser, where did you buy the falls? How much were they?

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 12:06 pm
checkbefore wrote:
Clarivka, why haven't you worn it?
mpk, why wasn't it comfortable?

I have 2 full shevys and a shevy fall so y shud I wear the $500 piece unless its raining? It also doesnt fit perfectly so I need to take in the cap

eraiser

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 12:06 pm
checkbefore:
I don't have falls, I have full wigs but call Fortune and ask them if they have Mazali falls.

Dini20

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 2:16 pm
I have a mazali full wig & I hate it. It looked nice when I bought it but once I washed it the hair didn't lay as nicely & it's not shiny nice hair

mom2be1

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 2:32 pm
I have a mazali but never wear it- the hair is very straight, the color is off, and it is #$%^ uncomfortable! I just got a clary half fall for about$800 and thrilled with it. From my exp sometimes its worth spending more initially than putting money into working with a not such great quality wig. I added hair and cut my mazali twice- it ended up costing!!

September June

Post Sun, Oct 30 2011, 12:25 am
From personal experience, I've found Mazali wigs to be nice wigs. The hair is processed so it does oxidize faster than a non processed wig (I would go a shade darker than your usual color- after the first wash it gets lighter) and has coarser hair. The also also won't last for more than 2-3 years.

To those complaing that the hair is too straight- there are 3 types of hair you can choose.
Straight- which is stick straight
Wavy
Curly- it can be washed and geled then worn curly or you can blow it and wear it straight. This type of hair holds hair styles better.

If you buy a Mazali fall at a sale, you'll be paying a bit more than $300 (or more if you want longer)- a good price for a fall that will nice for a few years. If you choose to buy it new, full price from Fortune Wigs, you'll have a one year guarantee.

checkbefore

Post Sun, Oct 30 2011, 12:30 am
September, do you have one?

September June

Post Sun, Oct 30 2011, 12:43 am
Yes, but a full wig not a fall. The falls aren't as popular...not sure why.

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 30 2011, 12:55 am
just spoke to my sis and she said she wants to get a new weekday wig cuz her Mazali is very straight, almost stringy.

so be aware that Mazalis tend to be thin and straight.

September June

Post Sun, Oct 30 2011, 1:10 am
How many years old is your sister's Mazali?They used to make them only straight now they have 3 different styles.
I know a few women who gel their Mazalis and wear them curly.

SV

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 9:05 am
I know this is an old thread, but I was looking into buying a Mazali and found it when I did a search on here.

Any more recent experiences? I am on a tight budget (under $700) and I think this is pretty much my only option to get something "normal" at this price. Do they offer any kind of warranty? My friend was trying to convince me to find a sale for a better sheitel. She told me sometimes you can even find a Shevy on sale for the same money (I doubt that, but that's what she told me). Does anyone know of any sheitel sales going on? I am closest to Lakewood but Brooklyn in also accessible if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help/leads!!

Sudy

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 9:27 am
I have a Mazali that I wear almost every day for the past 4 years. I wouldn't call it stunningly beautiful, but its very nice for everyday use. The hair has some bounce to it and is comfortable to wear. I did go with a darker color originally (because that what they had!) and now its perfectly oxidized and true to my face.

If you are on a budget but want a nice shaitel, I would recommend it.

bananasplit

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 9:40 am
There are always sales on the mazalis & u can get one for that much or less.depending on the lenght.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels