Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Post Your Mazali Experience!
Previous  1  2

MamaBear

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 10:34 am
Since I've purchased a couple of expensive lemons in the last, I don't ever want to go the pricey route again. I think my next one will be a Mazali. I was sold by Fashionisha's review:

http://www.fashion-isha.com/20......html

mpk

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 10:59 am
checkbefore wrote:
Clarivka, why haven't you worn it?
mpk, why wasn't it comfortable?

I didn't find the fit comfortable for me by the ears. The wig has a lot of hair (and not of the same quality as the higher end line) and as someone born with fine hair perhaps it just wasn't me. I also wanted it for every day and found it too heavy on my head.

BerrySorbet

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 10:30 pm
There is someone in Lakewood who has a store "sheitels for less" she sells new or slightly used sheitels you can get up to 50% off retail (maybe more if its used). People give her sheitels if they decide they don't like them but a lot of them are great pieces

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 11:12 pm
I have a mazali and a tuni (a mix between mazali and fortune hair). Very happy with both.

One thing I have to say is, they have amazing customer service. One of the caps did not fit right by the ears, and they fixed it and fixed it and fixed it until I was comfortable. They really try to make sure you're satisfied.

sky

Post Tue, Apr 17 2012, 1:01 pm
I have a Mazali from the old line. I bought it about 1 1/2 years ago for $350 at a sale.
I love it.
When it is washed it looks gorgeous. But I don't wash it as often as I should and the hair gets dry looking but I still get compliments on it.
For the price I paid I feel like I got a lot of use out of it.
My hair is very straight, there is a lot of hair in the front by the bang, which I like. I got darker then my regular color because I thought it would oxidize but it held its color pretty well. I don't have a lace front.

SV

Post Tue, Apr 17 2012, 1:44 pm
Thanks everyone for responding!

Do they offer some kind of warranty? Also, do they come pre-cut?

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 8:36 am
bump.
anyone have it with or w/o a lace front?

ccc

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 8:59 am
I have 2 mazalis, one is great the other one is garbage! Paid $650 each

oatmealcookies

Post Fri, Sep 21 2012, 11:11 am
Fortune was having one of their erev yom tov $350-$575 sales before I got married. Not knowing which brand to choose and not wanting to spend 2k on each sheital I bought 3 long mazalis for $1575 total. I went to a shaitel macher got them cut for $100 each...I bought the accesories such as heads, boxes, pins, etc at a beauty supplies store on ave j. I have had my shaitels now for a year and I now take them to a different lady to have them washed and set, each time they look more amazing then I anticipate. I think thats because of the cut and style but also because of the length and the hair is great for styling. I have a light brown/dark blonde color and it hasnt oxodized. I am super happy with my mazalis and I would be happy buying them again in the future!!!

It just proves the point, you dont have to spend 2k to look fabulous!!!

side note: I was in shul R"H and I was looking around at the other sheitals to see different styles because I want to cut one of mine. I was pretty taken aback that out of the 200+ sheital wearing ladies, I didnt find any to be spectacular. On top of that, there was a good chunk who wore bobby pins in their sheital...WHAT?!?! I only wear a pins or ponies if my sheital is in need of a wash and set. I guess it all goes back to the cut and who washes and styles it and how long it lasts.

ps. another friend of mine got a dark brown sheital from a different company the same time as I did....hers is more blonde than mine...its so oxodized, I feel bad for her...

sky

Post Fri, Sep 21 2012, 2:42 pm
Quote:
On top of that, there was a good chunk who wore bobby pins in their sheital...WHAT?!?! I only wear a pins or ponies if my sheital is in need of a wash and set. I guess it all goes back to the cut and who washes and styles it and how long it lasts.

Some consider it in style to wear bobby pins in their sheitel to wear it pulled back, and will do it for a dressier look even in a clean sheitel.

c899

Post Fri, Sep 21 2012, 4:10 pm
Im also curious does anyone here have a lace front mazali? Do u think thy can put one into my mazali?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels