Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What's the nicest compliment you received?
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Fri, Nov 04 2011, 8:24 am
This is mine.

My parents next door neighbor, the mother, who has k'h 12 children told me that the last time she saw me with my children she was very impressed the way I was towards them. She said she doesn't know many mothers like that. One of her dil's are like that also. I told her I have no idea what she's talking about, but thank you.

What about you? What's the nicest compliment anyone said about or to you?

amother

Post Fri, Nov 04 2011, 8:29 am
Recently somebody told me that I have a "lev rachav" (a good heart, that I try to help people).

chouli

Post Fri, Nov 04 2011, 8:49 am
My son recently told me, after I got dressed for shabbos, that I look really good. Then he added: but before you also looked good.
Soo sweet!

amother

Post Fri, Nov 04 2011, 10:07 am
when I was in my late teens I had a really close friend. I had an unhappy childhood and teenage years with loads of problems but this girl and me were friends since when I was very young, like 7 years old, before many of these problems started for me and I was just a happy girl. one day this girl said to me "what I really admire about you is that despite everything you have been through you are still a really lovely person".

amother

Post Fri, Nov 04 2011, 10:29 am
I was talking with one of my non-Jewish colleagues last week about the job cuts that are coming at our agency. We were talking about what we would do if we got cut. She told me that I should be a life coach because I have such a good way with people.

That to me was probably the nicest compliment.

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 04 2011, 11:49 am
"Will you marry me?"

amother

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 2:38 am
This is a little strange, but it was spoken sincerely and was not creepy, I promise! I was at the hospital getting ready for my second D&C (for miscarriages). I was wearing simple clothes and my comfiest tichel. I had blood taken - which I always get through by humming a certain song. Afterwards, the Haitian man who was taking my blood said to me, "A woman like you would be the desire of any man."

I think he must have known that I was sad and that those words would make me feel better. It really helped, actually, at a time that I needed it!

lilacdreams

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 2:46 am
when my mikveh lady told me I had lost tons of weight!!

5*Mom

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 5:34 am
We flew from Israel to the US on a daytime-all-the-way flight with 5 kids ages 1 to 9. As we were getting off, the older couple behind us told us our children were the most well-mannered children and we were the most patient parents they had ever seen. Aaaah!

freidasima

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 5:41 am
That a person can tell me something and feel comfortable about it, knowing that I will not be judging them but will be trying to help them. And this was told me by a good friend who told me a secret when we were sixteen, long before I went into my profession.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 9:00 am
I was in the park I usually go to with my kids and a mother I am friendly with told me I am a such a good mother and she loves coming to the park and watching me interact with my kids. This happened a few months ago and I still feel so good remembering.

8mom

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 10:36 am
A teenager from our shul once told my dh that he loves putting on his tallis to daven because my dh once saw him soon after his barmitzvah putting on his tallis and he said to him 'Wow! you put on that tallis like a real pro!'
Very, very sadly this boy was killed in a terrorist attack in Tel Aviv when he was 19 but he taught us (among many other things) the power of a sincere compliment.

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 11:04 am
I am a good mother.

SavtaHelen

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 12:13 pm
A friend told me about a year after we were married that DH's entire shevet knew from the moment that he met me that he was head over heels in love with me....it still makes me smile to think about it!

sequoia

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 12:15 pm
"I used to be bored at the museum but you made the paintings come alive for me."

Basimcha

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 12:42 pm
I was walking with all my kids after school. A woman stopped me and said "this is the most beautiful thing I've seen. A mother walking with her kids talking and smiling to them." I felt great hearing it and I didn't even know this woman.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 5:24 pm
You have an Ayin Tov - you always see the good in everyone and you are always smiling. This was said to me by my best friend's father, who is a Rav, when I was in high school.
Years later, when he met my DH, he told me that he sees why we are a good shidduch because DH has the same Ayin Tov!

Bea21

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 5:54 pm
Agree with Zaq!

But I also have another one:
I am currently in nursing school, with 2 babies just over a year apart (the second was born over this past summer--he's now 3.5mo, halfway thru fall semester). In my class, there are a few other frum girls, one of whom is in her 9th month expecting her 3rd k"ah. She recently said to me, "Bea, you're my role model". I was so touched! (Especially since I was having some difficulty, and I thought everyone saw thru my acting...)

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 7:15 am
My dd asked me which store I got the cookies I baked from. Now I just have to remember what recipe I used. I made them a long time ago and just baked.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 7:49 am
I always feel horrible as a mother because of my dysfunctional childhood. I am always sure I'm traumatizing my kids because they have me as their mother even though I try very hard to do the right thing. Just last night someone told me that I'm a good mother who doesn't yell at her kids and loves them and gives them what they need. It meant so much to me to hear that.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette