Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What's the nicest compliment you received?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 7:49 am
sequoia wrote:
"I used to be bored at the museum but you made the paintings come alive for me."

I'd love to see your paintings. Thumbs Up

MamaBear

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 9:57 am
I think it's interesting that compliments about our parenting are what moves us so much. As mothers, aren't we all insecure? I know I am and it means so much to me when someone makes me feel like I'm actually doing something right. So when I see a friend or really any mother being attentive or exceptional to her kids in any way I compliment her.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 10:12 am
My 9 year old said a few months ago: Before I was born, Hashem asked me which Mommy I want, and I chose you!

Mama Bear, totally agree- we all thrive on complements to our parenting. I suppose one reason is that it's such a mufti-faceted endeavor. It's not like playing a song on the piano that you can do well or do poorly. I know that I'm a terrific mother in some areas, yet in other areas I have much that can be improved!

shlomitsmum

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 11:16 am
here on Imamother it was from Yocheved 84 after I helped her bubby with fashion. Very Happy

Recently in RL DH told me that I'm such a loving mother and that he is so blessed to have me! it moved me to tears !!!!!!(im such a mushy dork). embarrassed

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 11:17 am
in HS a friend mentioned that my acne cleared up (yay!!!!), another friend apologized that she didn't even notice these typs of outer things w/ ppl she was close w/.

willow

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 12:25 pm
When my daughter said I think you are the best.

yksraya

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 12:38 pm
that my kids are very well mannered!!

paprika

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 1:14 pm
How old are you? You sound older than you look.

cute mommy

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 1:17 pm
just came home from a 3 day vacation at the poconos and my friend told me I look younger. I am 29, maybe she thinks I look 22, I wish!

mandksima

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 3:36 pm
I just got a comment last week. An Israeli woman said she couldn't believe I was older than 30 and I am 37 1/2.

Also, the Israeli school staff is always complimeting me on how much I care and do for my kids. I think they are used to parents who don't care so much. I put a lot of effort into my special needs kids and I am glad someone notices!

french fries

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 4:19 pm
My 5 year old son (who is now 26) told me "Ima you look beautiful".

nicole81

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 4:48 pm
I frequently get amazing, heartfelt compliments from the high school students that I teach.

But the most meaningful compliment came from an adult who I hold in very high esteem. I admire and respect her, yet she told me that I was an inspiration for her.

opinionatedbubby

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 2:11 am
"You make them all [8] think they're an only child." Thas was said by a relative as criticism (trust me, it was) but I took it as a supreme compliment.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Mar 08 2012, 9:49 am
Compliments from my students (I teach high school music history) and their parents (telling me how much their daughters enjoyed/learned/grew from my class) mean the world to me.

A light hearted one that made me feel GREAT was, "You're like the Ms. Frizzle of music!"

amother

Post Thu, Mar 08 2012, 1:25 pm
when I was 18, my hubby told me that if we were the same age, she would want to be friends with me

amother

Post Thu, Mar 08 2012, 1:41 pm
Dh said if I didn't want to marry him he would stop dating because once he saw me he wouldn't be able to marry someone else because there's no one like me.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 08 2012, 3:32 pm
I'm another 8:25, meant to write bubby not hubby!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 08 2012, 3:39 pm
amother wrote:
Dh said if I didn't want to marry him he would stop dating because once he saw me he wouldn't be able to marry someone else because there's no one like me.

Awww, that is soo sweet! I wish my dh would say (think) that of me.....

wifey

Post Thu, Mar 08 2012, 10:02 pm
DH's grandparents always tell us what great parents we are and that they have never seen parents enjoy their child as much as we do. That makes me feel better than amazing, every time. And coming from a couple who has been married nearly 60 years makes it more impactful for me.

Happy Go Lucky

Post Thu, Mar 08 2012, 10:53 pm
When I take my 7 kids to a doctors appointment and the secretary says " your kids are so well behaved, I would never have guessed there were 7 in the waiting room. Some moms come with two kids and the place is turned up-side-down."
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette