Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Housework Motivation Thread
1  2  3  4  Next

curlyhead

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 5:15 pm
My house is a disaster and I need to clean it now. We once had a thread were we motivated each other to clean and posted our accomplishments. Anyone want to join? To start you could post what you accomplished today in terms of housework.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 5:57 pm
I cleaned the coat closet today! I took EVERYTHING out and sorted everything out and threw out tons of useless scarves and orphaned gloves!

Now I'm done with housework for at least week:)

Um, is this not how this thread is supposed to work?

groisamomma

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 6:03 pm
Ooooh, maybe this thread will get me off my bottom! I loaded the shabbos dishes into the dishwasher and actually washed the leftover strays (which dh had to dry and put away).

I put in 1/2 load, machine is currently full of water patiently awaiting the other 1/2 to come downstairs by itself.

I actually cooked a decent supper, bathed all the kids myself, did homework with them, and put them to bed. By myself. Hip, hip, hooray!

For the record, everything I listed above is reason for celebration: I hate, hate, hate, housework.

curlyhead

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 6:09 pm
This thread is for those of us who hate and struggle with housework on a daily basis. groisamomma I also hate housework.

I put a load in the washing machine, cleared the floor, and couch so I could vacuum, cleared the kitchen table, fed the baby, cleared bathroom. wiped down vanity, all since I put up this thread.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 6:22 pm
curlyhead wrote:
This thread is for those of us who hate and struggle with housework on a daily basis. groisamomma I also hate housework.

I put a load in the washing machine, cleared the floor, and couch so I could vacuum, cleared the kitchen table, fed the baby, cleared bathroom. wiped down vanity, all since I put up this thread.

You are QUICK! I wish I could get so much done in just a few minutes! Good for you!

groisamomma

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 6:26 pm
Okay, before I go to bed tonight I will have: Ironed kids' uniforms, laid out everyone's clothes for tomorrow, and put in that other 1/2 load. I will post here when I have done that.

I think I like this thread.

chica

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 6:31 pm
you make me feel lazy.

curlyhead

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 6:43 pm
2 bags of rubbish thrown out, Laundry moved to the dryer, cleared dining table, vacuumed dining room and entrance and hallway. My living room and hallway are now visitor ready other then 3 basket of laundry waiting to be folded. Now onto the Kitchen but I think I need a break first.

Chica maybe now is not the best time for housework for you but could post what you want to accomplish at some point within the next 24 hours.

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 8:01 pm
Go for it ladies! cleanliness is next to Gdliness. Also next to impossible for more than a few minutes if you have a few little kids, but you get Brownie points for trying. In fact, go ahead and **eat** a brownie after you do whatever it is you set out to do, but do be sure to dispose of the crumbs and give the table a swipe with a sponge right away. It takes only a few seconds and makes a world of difference in the look of the room.

By now you all must know I hate flylady, but I did learn from her to dry off my sink after using it! The sink looks awful with water puddles and flecks of detergent foam all over it, but if I just wipe it all up with a sponge or a shmatte, it looks fine. I grant you I have to wipe it down about a shmillion times a day, but it takes only a moment each time.

Courage, ladies! I have all adult children, only 2 living at home, barely, and yet all I did today was half my grocery shopping, ironed a few shirts, folded and put away one load of laundry aand...ummm...attempted one or two home repairs in a very jerry-rigged fashion. The rest of my time I was making the world safe for democ....no, I cannot tell a lie. I was on imamother.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 8:07 pm
zaq wrote:

The rest of my time I was making the world safe for democ....no, I cannot tell a lie. I was on imamother.

I'm laughing so hard that you gave me energy to do some kitchen-tackling very shortly!

(after I finish this project which keeps mysteriously getting interrupted by imaother windows popping up above my project. Did Yael install a pop-over software that makes imamother keep opening over the windows with my projects?)

curlyhead

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 8:30 pm
Quote:
I cleaned the coat closet today! I took EVERYTHING out and sorted everything out and threw out tons of useless scarves and orphaned gloves!

very impressed!!

bigprincess

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 8:43 pm
I allowed my guest to clear the table Confused

letschat

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 9:38 am
Starting again.... fresh new day!
Organized pantry

SingALong

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 10:53 am
cleaned out DH's study
put away toys
organized pantry
threw in a load of laundry

yo'ma

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 10:59 am
Every time I organize something, it gives everyone a reason to put stuff there. Exploding anger
I have a list of things I need to do and it's getting done very s..l..o..w..l..y.

Hatemywig

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 11:05 am
I have found that making a menu for the weeks supper (with the gentle prodding of my beloved DH) helps me focus more.

I also 'reward' myself with computer time. If I do the dishes, I get to sit down for 10 minutes at the computer etc...

This morning I have so far proudly accomplished the following:

Excersize - Power walking for 40 minutes

Dried Dishes

One load of laundry

Shopping for the week including Shabbos

Washed Milky Dishes

Started the Challah dough (Big Shabbos this week)

and as my reward time is now over, back to the kitchen I go!

letschat

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 11:05 am
Washed all the dishes, cleaned all the sinks and counters
Would love to do more, dd wants at&t, maybe after she sleeps....

Hashemlovesme

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 11:09 am
No real jobs done today, just keeping things from getting out of control (with 2 small kids on a rainy day).
But I did make a good lunch & a soup for tomorrow. Oh, & dh brought 2 disgusting towels back from the Yeshiva he learns at, so those are in the washing machine right now.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 11:54 am
fully cleaned the bathroom

washed dishes and stove

washed outside of fridge

table

put away all the toys

cleaned furniture in my bedroom

two loads of laundry

neatened dining room as well

still to do today: Make supper, wash and sweep kitchen floor and hopefully dining room as well, change linen

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 1:59 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Every time I organize something, it gives everyone a reason to put stuff there. Exploding anger
I have a list of things I need to do and it's getting done very s..l..o..w..l..y.

who says we need to clean for the place to be clean? we clean to make space for new dirt! LOL but it can get frustrating
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics