Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Housework Motivation Thread
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

curlyhead

Post Tue, Nov 15 2011, 7:22 pm
Kids room and study cleared. Will do my room once baby wakes up.

elaela

Post Tue, Nov 15 2011, 7:53 pm
wow I love this thread Smile
todays list was

3 loads of laundry
ironing shirts
declutter fridge, desinfect/clean it
clean up kitchen and desinfect countertops
cook dinner (tuna patties, potatos, salad, choc-pudding
bake challah and freeze for shabbos
get guest room neat (clean sheets etc.) for guests
put things back to their place in all rooms/bathroom/hallway
tidy up livng room/bathroom
organise papers
organise finances for november (pay bills)
organise study
write shopping list for grocery stores for dh (so he knows what to buy tomorrow for the rest of the week)

go to shiur
ob/gyn appointment

I did it all except the bold stuff. its almost 2 am here and I plan to finish everything, so that it is FINALLY done. ill work the rest of the week from early in the morning till late at night, plus we will have guests staying in our house for 3 nights (also over shabbos), so I really need to finish all the household duties tonight.

thanx for this link, it really motivates me.

eventhough I know I did a lot today, im not really happy, cos I didnt write anything for my uni-courses and im not quite finished with my tod o list...well, I guess you never manage EVRYTHING, therell alyways be tasks left for later.

curlyhead

Post Tue, Nov 15 2011, 7:58 pm
ariela - you did tons. There is a limit of how much time and koach there is in a day. And I am sure there are also other things happening which are keeping you busy.

elaela

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 1:29 pm
hi its me again.
so I was awake till 3 am yesterday, started organising papers /documents and the study, but went to sleep afterall.
this morning after I woke up I first folded laundry, then ran to work, from work to uni, did some errands and cooked dinner. it is 7.30 pm and my list is endless

prepare 4 classes
write 3 papers
finish organising documents and study
write 3 emails

the house is superclean after yesterdays marathon, but I have other stuff to do...well and
WHY ISNT IT COSY??? everything is tidy and neat but NOT cosy. we used to live in a tiny apt (1 room) and it was always cosy (well most of the time)
now we have a hughe apt ka'h but I only feel comfy in the study.
that does not make any sense.
andy suggestions?
I thougt of carpets/candles/pictures...but I dont like the messy look. also our furniture is antique, so I cant really match anything simple. I know im totally off topc, sorry, im just overtired and a bit annpyed that after the house is literally sterile (which I ususalyl appreciate and enjoy) I still dont feel cosy at home.
anyways good luck everybody , may you all accomplish your tasks Smile

chocolate fondue

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 4:25 pm
I didn't read this thread properly, but I saw a sign in John Lewis (big department store chain in England) yesterday that read: 'A CLEAN HOUSE IS A SIGN OF A BROKEN COMPUTER'

Just thought I'd let you all know why my house is a huge mess!

curlyhead

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 5:26 pm
Quote:
'A CLEAN HOUSE IS A SIGN OF A BROKEN COMPUTER'

So true. I like that one.

elaela

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 8:58 pm
Smile I like that one.

bigprincess

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 9:05 pm
chocolate fondue wrote:
I didn't read this thread properly, but I saw a sign in John Lewis (big department store chain in England) yesterday that read: 'A CLEAN HOUSE IS A SIGN OF A BROKEN COMPUTER'

Just thought I'd let you all know why my house is a huge mess!

This is why I shut down my computer last night and resolved not to open it until my house is clean.

Today I cleaned the bathrooms, bedrooms, did laundry all I have to do is the play room and kitchen.

Roche

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 12:45 pm
no ones posting nemore? Sad
today I cleared milchig side, organized dd art bin, was a huge mess, took out laundry from dryer and put in wet load, swept living room and straightened it. supper is next priority. dont know how much else ill get done bc I need to go to friends bday...

curlyhead

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 6:07 pm
Yesterday did not get much done as I was out most of the day. I did make soup for shabbos, supper, kids lunches for school, cleaned kitchen, washed a load.

Today's goals:
cook for shabbos, clean kitchen.
Straighten living room, clear dining table, straighten hallway, kids room, bedroom, bathroom
Wash 1 load, fold a bunch of laundry
Call to the health insurance company regarding a bill.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 6:51 pm
I'm so proud of how much I got done today, even though I am totally exhausted because of the week and the fact that ds was up at 3 and I was up with him most of the night.

washed dishes

cleaned table and chairs in kitchen

swept and washed kitchen floor

(whole kitchen clean)

bathroom and floor

cleared off dining room table and washed

swept whole apartment

cooked supper

still to do: wash the rest of the floors, make fish for shabbos, do laundry and change linen.

elaela

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 11:25 am
ok so since wed all floors remained clean, I did laundry pretty much every day so no more laundry, all shirts are ironed, no dust anywhere, kitchen is superclean, dinner cooked, bathroom sterile. I tought of how to make our house cosier (hang up some pictures, getting rid of 2 pieces of furniture that I dont like and we dont need, use carpets...this week I will buy some huge candles and some flowers in matching colours, as well as 2 more lamps, we plan to move some furniture around in the living room to give it more structure...I hope it will work). Im happy to hear your ideas Smile

to be done:
tons of stuff for school
decluttering study (its not messy, but I really want to throw out all the stuff we dont need anymore- or give it away)
paying bills
cooking for shabbos (I know its sunday, but we have a lot of guests, and it will be a busy week, so it would be great if I made at least challah and cake).

it really helps me if I do a little bit every day, thrn before shabbos its not so crazy.
good luck ladies

Hatemywig

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 11:34 am
I don't even know where to start:

Exhausted - Full House this Shabbos.

I have to do: Stacks of Dishes, Cutlery, Pots and bowls - I will get help with some of that

Sweep and mop kitchen and Living Room Floors

Clean Bathroom

Take Tablecloth to Dry Cleaners

Wash and Dry Milchig Dishes

Clean Gas Top

Prepare weekly Dinner Menu

Laundry - To wash and to fold

Ironing

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

curlyhead

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 12:58 am
It has been one of those days. I have been out all day. I am tired.

Walked in with kids half an hour ago, put up supper, washed the dishes and cleared the counter, set the table for supper, threw out a rubbish....

My house is a mess as I got no housework done today

crackers

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 2:49 am
1. write a hard email that'll take some time.

2. phone calls for school

3. tidy up living room and dining room (still have the dirty shabat table cloth on the table)

4.dishes

5. organize arts and crafts

I

curlyhead

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 6:20 am
I did the following:

Cleared the bathroom, wiped down vanity, emptied rubbish bin

Washed 2 load of laundry,

Cleared the hallway

made school lunches for kids and husband

Cleaned kitchen - washed dishes and pots, cleared and wiped down counters (again), cleared and wiped down table, wiped high chair, swept floor.

There is still a lot to do but not now. The only thing I may attempt now is to fold some laundry.

supermama2

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 7:56 am
curlyhead wrote:
I did the following:

Cleared the bathroom, wiped down vanity, emptied rubbish bin

Washed 2 load of laundry,

Cleared the hallway

made school lunches for kids and husband

Cleaned kitchen - washed dishes and pots, cleared and wiped down counters (again), cleared and wiped down table, wiped high chair, swept floor.

Kol hakavod!!! I imagine it wasn't easy to do those things as you were already tired according to the post before this..very motivating for me Smile

There is still a lot to do but not now. The only thing I may attempt now is to fold some laundry.

Kol Hakavod to you! It must have been hard as you were already tired as it sounded from your previous post a few hours before this one! You are very motivating!! Keep it up!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 4:56 am
o.k. I'm going to get up right now!!

strip sheets on all beds
pull out laundry from dryer sort put away
tidy up the whole house , new table cloth on dining room table.
throw up cause I've been doing a lot of that lately
I'll let you know how I did .

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 11:32 am
So I'm pretty proud of myself.

Basically tidied the whole house:

washed dishes and countertops and table

swept kitchen floor

cleaned up bedroom and bade beds

cleared a lot of dining room off as well

Still to do today or tomorrow: several loads of laundry.

curlyhead

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 3:48 pm
WOW FABULOUS! I am jealous!

B"h Cleaning Lady is coming later today so I will work with her to get the house cleaned. I put things away so she could do the actual cleaning.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics