Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Housework Motivation Thread
Previous  1  2  3  4

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 12:50 pm
curlyhead wrote:
WOW FABULOUS! I am jealous!

B"h Cleaning Lady is coming later today so I will work with her to get the house cleaned. I put things away so she could do the actual cleaning.

Thanks! It's not that usual an occurrence. Plus I did more tidying than actual cleaning like floors and other deep stuff but it felt good to come home to a nice clean home. I hope to arrange for a cleaning lady for next week to do some of the heavier stuff.

curlyhead

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 6:52 pm
WOW! Just spent over 2 hours of straightening the house including decluttering a lot of spots where its been ages since I've last done. It was a busy week so the house was a mess. Cleaning lady is here doing the vacuuming and actual cleaning.

I am starving after this!

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 7:25 pm
curlyhead, keep up the great work!! That sounds amazing. My nice clean house, has since become somewhat messy again courtesy of a tornado of a two year old Sad but I hope to have some time tomorrow morning to clean it again.

curlyhead

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 9:32 pm
Quote:
curlyhead, keep up the great work!! That sounds amazing. My nice clean house, has since become somewhat messy again courtesy of a tornado of a two year old Sad but I hope to have some time tomorrow morning to clean it again.

Yup it does not last with kids around. It gets me so frustrated. At least tomorrow I could do a quick pick up. The clutter spots should last a bit longer- they more a build up of a few weeks or months

crackers

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 12:25 am
I did 2 full sinks of dishes . now I need to do every thing else before my mother comes over in an hour.

crackers

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 3:21 am
thanks for this thread!! I don't know if any one is reading it but it's been helping me alot.
so since I last wrote- folded and put away a load of laundry
cleand bathroom
tidied up living room dining room area - took me an hour and a half , it was that messy
made a vegi soup
sweeped and dusted

im happy that I acomplished what I did and that the kidies will come home to a home that is welcoming but I don't get why it is that I spent my whole morning only cooking and cleaning and had no time for any thing else .
how do other ppl do it?

curlyhead

Post Fri, Nov 25 2011, 12:41 am
cracker impressed. I find this thread helps me a lot to be motivated!

Today shopped, cooked, for shabbos!

Plus basic straightening and cleaning, swept the floor about 3 times, cleared the counters a few times, cleared the table a few times. straightened living room etc.... It never ends when you have kids around to make a mess

curlyhead

Post Sun, Nov 27 2011, 5:34 pm
Who's joining us for this week?

Straighten up and vacuumed living room and hallway, straightened bathroom

Kitchen was not too bad - just did minimal clean up.

Washed 3 loads- kid's clothes, whites and towels.

Sorted about 7 small boxes of baby clothes. Now I just need to label them and put them up high.

pknt

Post Sun, Nov 27 2011, 6:21 pm
curlyhead wrote:
2 bags of rubbish thrown out, Laundry moved to the dryer, cleared dining table, vacuumed dining room and entrance and hallway. My living room and hallway are now visitor ready other then 3 basket of laundry waiting to be folded. Now onto the Kitchen but I think I need a break first.

Chica maybe now is not the best time for housework for you but could post what you want to accomplish at some point within the next 24 hours.

curlyhead, we can shake hands!
you were describing my level of progress. Everything I do, as minor as it may be,calls for applause.
After clearing the dining room table, I need a break. After vacuuming thecarpet, I relax on the recliner...
This Topic, sure boosts my self esteem.

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 27 2011, 7:05 pm
Can't read through all four pages of this so far so I'm not sure exactly how we're motivating each other... but count me in. I have been SO unmotivated lately, I feel like such a grump.

Right now nothing is in a state of crisis and the baby's asleep, so really I should go to sleep. But that's assuming I already accomplished what I was supposed to earlier, instead of chilling out (chilling is GOOD! Chilling is GOOD!) I need to wash some dishes and put together the kitchen, and ideally I'd prep some things for dinner for the rest of the week - but at least tomorrow, because tomorrow I'm working all day (as opposed to afternoon, when I can prep something in the morning) and the next day we're going out for a birthday. I could also have done grocery shopping, we're running out of things right and left but I haven't seen any good sales on things I need around here (I'm a stock-upper so I don't have to do too much shopping regularly)

So maybe I'll put up a pot of rice while I do the dishes, whatever we have tomorrow that can be the side. And HOPEFULLY traffic will be kind and I will have time to do the shopping between jobs tomorrow. If traffic is not kind we will just not eat anything involving oil, sugar, or flour until... um.

But I am still giving myself a pat on the back today because I spent some chilled out downtime with the baby (we went to the park! Now that it gets dark so early I miss all those things, the babysitter has all the fun), made supper at least for today, and tidied up from everyone's weekend at home. Also did some "lite" work work.

curlyhead

Post Sun, Nov 27 2011, 10:06 pm
Quote:
urlyhead, we can shake hands!
you were describing my level of progress. Everything I do, as minor as it may be,calls for applause.
After clearing the dining room table, I need a break. After vacuuming thecarpet, I relax on the recliner...
This Topic, sure boosts my self esteem.

Well I spend about 3 hours a day on housework - 90min in the evening and 90 min in the morning. That is a lot for someone who does not like doing housework.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics