Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do you remove fallen leaves in front and around your house?

Do you clean the fallen leaves in front of the house you rent or own?
Yes (I own)  
 32%  [ 28 ]
Yes (I rent)  
 9%  [ 8 ]
No (I own)  
 10%  [ 9 ]
No (I rent)  
 48%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 87

amother

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 12:21 am
Neighbors and other people on my block don't always clean the leaves that fall in front of their property, in the driveway, and around the house. It often blows to other people's property and can be really annoying. It's double cleaning duty for those who do clean. How many of you, including those that rent, clean the leaves that fall in front of your house,(Or hire someone to do it), on a regular basis? Some people I know wait for the landlord to take care of it-- but they can't remove it on a regular basis which doesn't really help. Barring any unusual circumstances; why can't people clean their sidewalks, even if they're rentiing?

MrsDash

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 12:34 am
It's the law here in New Jersey to remove fallen leaves from your front lawn. The leaf truck comes down our block twice, almost a month apart from each other. (Last year, they only came ONCE, and our block was riddled with leaves. After calling the township, they sent a truck down our block.) We rent, and we rake the leaves to the curb. It's a fun activity for the little one as well Smile

happy12

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 7:32 am
yes-it is a never ending job. My tree is almost bare, however my next neighbor's tree is still full.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 7:52 am
Usually once a week

mosma

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 9:19 am
I rent, but my landlords pay for a cleanup of the leaves. they just did one last week. and they'll probably do another one before the winter starts.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 10:32 am
I live in a condo, and the association has a crew that takes care of the leaves. I sweep the outdoor steps, that's all.

sarlal

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 11:01 am
it is a sakana to leave leaves out because when it rains there's no cleaning them up, and they are very slippery! also, as stated above, when it's windy the leaves blow onto others' property and make a mess for them. alsothough it's annoying, it is very important IMO to clean leaves on your property, whether you do it yourself or via gardener.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 1:23 pm
My landlord has a leaf blower and every week or two he blows the leaves (recently it has been every week) and since I have a small block he usually seems to blow the leaves from most of the block...(I guess its also to make sure thy dont blow back into his driveway) he is also very neat and takes care of his garden so I guess that makes a dif. also.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 1:44 pm
Blowing leaves doesn't do anything. It just transfers it from one area to another. I don't know why people us them--they just wind up on other peoples property.
For people who don't remove the leaves (whether you own or rent)--please explain why? You live there, why wouldn't you clean right in front of your house just like you do in your house? It doesn't look nice when there's a huge pile of leaves, but even more so- your leaves make it harder for everyone else when they blow away to someone who just cleaned in front of their house. Please be considerate to others.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 3:13 pm
I sweep like five bags every friday in the fall. Even if you rent, you live there, take care if it.

Maya

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 4:30 pm
We rent, but we hire a landscaper to blow the leaves to the corner of the yard every two weeks. When all the trees are bare, they then take it away.

BoomChickaPop

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 4:31 pm
I sweep at least once a week, but depending on how windy it is, it doesn't stay clean for long, there are a ton of leaves on my block.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 9:31 pm
I said yes, but really it is my lawn guys who do it!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 18 2011, 1:52 am
My parents live in a neighbourhood of houses. No one touches the leaves in public areas, the city sends guys ti clean up.
In places owned by the house owners, some do some dont.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics