Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Best baby stroller for use in Jerusalem

Charnie

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 7:42 pm
I"H, my daughter and son-in-law), who live in Kiryat Yearim, are expecting their first child (and my 1st grandchild in a few months. The subject of strollers keeps coming up, and since I've been out of that loop for quite awhile, I'd like to know recommendations, especially given that Jerusalem has a lot of narrow, cobblestone streets. Plus it's always on and off of buses. When my kids were little, we had a number of MacClarens, single, double, umbrella, which I thought were great strollers. Now the name "City Mini" keeps coming up as really easy to fold stroller, but I'm not so sure about that 3 wheel setup. Looking forward to hearing from you on this and all tips re kids in Israel having babies.

rovacat

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 11:08 pm
I love city mini. I think it's the best. especially if they're going on and off busses, in and out of cars. you can fold it while holding the baby in the other hand. to me, that's the most important. maclaren folds easily, but not as easy. plus, with 3 wheels, it's really easy to push it with one hand, which is also great. she should go to a store and speak to someone, and try each one out for herself. I think a stroller is a personal decision that only she can decide what is best for her.

ewa-jo

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 11:13 pm
I don't like the citi mini.... not at all. I have no idea why they're so popular. I've heard from friends that 3-wheeled strollers are more difficult to get up onto a sidewalk or curb.

IMO, the best strollers are ones that convert from laying flat to sitting up, so you can use it from day one until they're toddlers. For my first, I had the Peg Perego Venezia, which is an old model, now they make one called the 'Uno' which has all the same features. I really liked that it was reversible, so I could have my son facing me when he was older and sitting up. It's got a big basket and also, it's not so annoying to fold. I took mine on a thousand bus rides.. many times standing on a moving bus with the baby in one hand and folding the stroller with the other hand. Yes, it folds one-handed. Even when my son was older, he slept very nicely in the stroller when we were out because I could lay the back completely flat. The Uno has large wheels at the back and it looks like it would steer easily. It's available in Israel.. I've seen it on zap.co.il.

http://us.pegperego.com/babypr.....1/Uno

The stroller I'm using now (because I killed the Venezia with hard use!) is the Peg Perego Skate. It's a fancier stroller - I got a good deal on it second-hand - but it does the same things as our first stroller... it converts from lying flat to sitting up and the seat is reversible, so I can have the baby facing me when she's sitting up. It doesn't have a real basket underneath, but you can store stuff under the stroller. We have the older model, where the seat converts from basinette to sitting-up seat, but the newer model has a seperate basinette that you have to remove and attach. This one is not as convenient to fold up, but it steers very very smoothly and has big wheels in the back, which makes it easy to go over uneven sidewalks and bumps in the road. This one is also available in Israel, but it's more expensive.

http://us.pegperego.com/babypr.....ystem

B'shaa tova to your daughter!

shev

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 12:19 am
I think any carriage with air wheels is good for pushing. Like the mountain buggy, baby jogger, bugaboo,
There are more, I just can't think of them now,
G'luck.

youngmum

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 2:23 am
I have the city mini and I'm absolutely thrilled with it, as is everyone I know who has it. (That's aLOT of ppl here in Jerusalem) it's super-light, easy to fold and I have zero problems getting on and off sidewalks. (or buses- I travel three times a week...) Some ppl are happier with the city elite because of the air tires, but it just makes it heavier.
I btw had a car seat adapter bar when my baby was newborn and I kept him in an infant seat and was able to see his yummy face then Smile
I highly recommend.

Charnie

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 9:37 am
Good point about having her try out something. For example, she's just 5'2", but my SIL is 5'10" - so something with an adjustable handle might be preferable. Any suggestions on stores in Jerusalem where they can get the feel of some of the strollers? Even though I think there might be a halacha about not going into a heimishe store just to try things out?

One model of the City Mini I saw on their website (but not listed in any stores) is the City Standard, which has the option to become a double, with a lot of seating configurations. While my MacClaren double (side by side) was very comfortable for both kids, it barely fit through certain doors! But other than that, I found them to be highly durable, and easily went from infant till they were out of the stroller.

Ima'la

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 9:47 am
Does anyone have any experience with Doctor Baby strollers?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions