Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Car seats when on vacation

baba

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 6:50 am
We're planning on going to Israel soon and I'm wondering what everyone does car seat wise when travelling. Taking all carseats with us might be a bit much. Here, the taxis at the airport have them (you pay extra), anything like that exist in Israel? Last time we found a cab driver who brought his own.
any ideas?

hila

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 10:08 pm
Hopefully someone can help.

But it is great you are coming back for a visit - we have to have an imamother meetup while you are here !

baba

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 1:22 am
Thanks Hila,
I'm so excited! We havent been in a year!
The best thing is that my young kids are also really excited, they also feel like they're visiting home.

sarahd

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 6:44 am
We have found it to be best when travellling both to Israel and the USA to bring our own car seats. It's definitely a pain in the neck when it comes to check-in and luggage pickup, but it's worth the hassle.

We have not had much success finding a taxi with car seats in Israel.

Inspired

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 7:00 am
get something called the traveling toddler. it attaches car seats to luggage.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 11:38 pm
Bring your own! I relied on a driver service we hired to take us around to provide car seats for 3 kids. They promised me they would have the seats in good condition and properly installed. Nope. They had 3 seats that looked like 20 years old each, not installed, not in good working order, and we ended up having to buy THREE new carseats which were way more expensive in Israel then at home. All just so we could get around safely for a few weeks. Always bring your own. At least you know it's safe and clean.

baba

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 3:16 am
Uch, I guess we'll have to bring our own.
It's so annoying. We have enough friends to borrow car seats from while there, though we probably wouldnt even need them, since we usually just take the bus.
It's really only for the ride to and from the airport in Israel, since the taxis at the airport here do provide car seats. Really, it's only the toddler one that's too much.
I'll try looking for a travelling toddler thing, but I somehow doubt they have it in these parts.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

pinkbubbles

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 5:17 am
another vote for bringing your own, so worth it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions