Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Hendel

amother

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 1:10 pm
Has anyone ever heard of the name Hendel (not Hindel). I only have an english spelling. Ive been told its a yiddish girl's name and not much more. I also heard it may be a derivative of Chana? Anyone know anything about this name?
I would prefer to pair it with another name and have Hendel be the second name.
Any info greatly appreciated!

shevi82

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 1:42 pm
I know someone by the name of Chana Hendel, she goes by Chani. I'm not sure if her parent's added the Chana or that the person she is named for had both names. The Hendel she spells with an Ayin after the hey.

Strawberry2

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 1:44 pm
I actually know of a few Hendels guess they're all related. One is called Hendy

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 2:34 pm
Hendel is a nickname from Hena. As I once wrote, the "le" after names with a "nun" at the end generally has a "daled" before the "le" or "el". Sheina - Sheindel/Sheindele, Breina - Breindel/Breindele, Mendel from Men(achem) and Hendel from Hena.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 12:16 pm
So what does Hena mean?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 9:19 pm
its in my family everybody has a hendel called hendy some added names and some didnt
hendel has nothing to do with hena,henya all diffrent names

small bean

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 10:40 pm
I know a very cute hendel called hendy.

ddsw

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 10:46 pm
henna is yiddish for chana. it means graceful. could be that hendel comes from henna. henna is a family name for us
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names