Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Eatin' chocolate?
1  2  Next

Do you eat chocolate every day?
Yes  
 25%  [ 10 ]
No  
 75%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 40

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 7:26 am
Please answer this fun poll!

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 8:55 am
Confused I would do, if I didn't feel guilty about it! LOL

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 9:01 am
I heard something on the news that choc. is healthy...hey , it's a vegetable!

queen

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 10:05 am
If I ate chocolate every day I'd be shopping for a new wardrobe VERY fast..... Sad

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 10:11 am
one thing I learned while cutting out sugar and un-natural things in my home is that. Dark Chocolate is ok, like one small piece...and u just sit and suck on it... donot eat it.

Buddy

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 11:01 am
Almost every day...

The average American consumes approximately 11.7 pounds of chocolate each year!

I remember reading war stories, that soldiers always took along chocolate for longer missions - it kept them going when food supply didn't last....

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 2:22 pm
No but I dream about it constantly 8)

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 7:32 pm
well tefila, dreaming is good enough.. you know the say when s/one wants to do a good mitvah but loses the chance to do it for whatever reason, s/he still gets schar bec. s/he had a good machsovo...

so you get schar for dreaming about it, u dont actually have to eat it.

Mishie

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 8:32 pm
I don't....
I save it for special occasions...
As the saying goes:
"A minute on your lips -
and Forever on your hips!!!"

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Wed, Nov 15 2006, 2:03 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Hm...certainly something to munch on.

When you wrote that on the practical marriage thread, to what exactly were you referring, choco Wink ?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 15 2006, 7:08 am
ribbie, myh short term memory is shot. I have no idea.

you can pm me the link if you want to.

Ahuva

Post Wed, Nov 15 2006, 7:28 am
Mitzvahmom wrote:
one thing I learned while cutting out sugar and un-natural things in my home is that. Dark Chocolate is ok, like one small piece...and u just sit and suck on it... donot eat it.

I love dark chocolate so much that I can't even have chocolate chips in the house cuz I eat them. embarrassed

miriam

Post Wed, Nov 15 2006, 7:40 am
Ahuva wrote:
I love dark chocolate so much that I can't even have chocolate chips in the house cuz I eat them. embarrassed

We have a constant supply of them in the house.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 15 2006, 8:39 am
sure. they can even be eaten frozen!

shira

Post Wed, Nov 15 2006, 9:00 am
queen wrote:
If I ate chocolate every day I'd be shopping for a new wardrobe VERY fast..... Sad

Yup, thats my problem......help!

Mevater

Post Wed, Nov 15 2006, 9:34 am
Rolling Eyes

CHOCOLATE CRAVINGS ARE REAL -- Researchers in Arizona have confirmed what "chocoholics" have always known, episodes of chocolate craving are real. The researchers also say the cravings are probably based on a combination of chocolate's nutrients and chemical composition. A report in the October issue of the Journal of the American Dietetic Association says chocolate can be a sort of "self-medication" for some. Certain compounds found in the treat, called biogenic amines, also are produced in the brain and have been linked to regulation of mood. From a nutrition standpoint, chocolate may ease the effects of magnesium deficiency, a condition that some studies have linked to premenstrual syndrome. Researchers Dr. Douglas Taren and Kristen Bruinsma of the University of Arizona in Tucson say chocolate cravings appear to exist in about 40 percent of women and 15 percent of men.

el2cg

Post Wed, Nov 15 2006, 9:53 am
can u imagine? I'm allergic to chocolate! I get huge blisters in my mouth. no fun at all! if I do sneak a piece, I have to brush my teeth and gargle right after, so there r no remnants!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 16 2006, 6:49 am
Almost every day (every day if you count chocolate milk).

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Nov 16 2006, 4:33 pm
there are some weeks where I dont touch it, and then there are some weeks, where I cant stop eating it

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 16 2006, 5:01 pm
Quote:
well tefila, dreaming is good enough.. you know the say when s/one wants to do a good mitvah but loses the chance to do it for whatever reason, s/he still gets schar bec. s/he had a good machsovo...

ACCORDING TO HOW I WAS BROUGHT UP IT WAS "hAMASER HU HOIKAR" the action is what counts LOL
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics