Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Who in NY has the biggest selection of synthetic wigs?

Mevater

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 11:05 pm
I want to try one bec I want to try a new style and want a cheap wig, but I have to see the colors in person before I buy.

Paula Young sends small swatches, but theyre useless. They all look similar and for some brands they dont have swatches at all.

yummydd

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 11:08 pm
Where in NY are u?

Mevater

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 11:24 pm
yummydd wrote:
Where in NY are u?
Im in Brooklyn, but Id go anywhere in the city to try on and see colors and not have to order 5 wigs to choose one.

Mevater

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 11:49 pm
Is there any huge place in Manhattan with loads to see and try on?

real

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 9:49 pm
Hi,

try this store- they have a ton of real looking synthetic wigs and I have bought a few. They are very nice feeling and I have gotten major compliments on them- more than my real European ones

stores.ebay.com/qualityforless1

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 12:06 am
You can return any wig you don't like.

You can get a proper dark brown easily.

The blond shades will always be a little bit different from what you had before or your own hair but they can be fine.

Avoid "golden" brown; it's flashy.

Measure your head and get the length you want: what looks long on a model may just touch your chin.

If you already know what you want I can maybe PM you some links. If you want to explore, you might have to buy a few. One's taste changes. What doesn't work now might be just the thing in a year; it is fine to have a collection. What is truly out of the question, you return or give away.

When you hit on a great one, get at least three of it, for convenience. And because they discontinue styles which can be frustrating.

havefaith

Post Fri, May 02 2014, 9:19 am
real wrote:
Hi,

try this store- they have a ton of real looking synthetic wigs and I have bought a few. They are very nice feeling and I have gotten major compliments on them- more than my real European ones

stores.ebay.com/qualityforless1
don't see a dirty blonde though.

Mevater

Post Fri, May 02 2014, 11:51 am
Yes I need a dirty blonde too.

Anyhow I took a look, and the website rating isnt that great.

I cant believe that in the whole Brooklyn or Manhattan there isnt a big place that has a huge stock of all colors and lengths synthetic wigs so Id be able to compare colors on the spot.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 3:20 am
Mevater wrote:
Yes I need a dirty blonde too.

Anyhow I took a look, and the website rating isnt that great.

I cant believe that in the whole Brooklyn or Manhattan there isnt a big place that has a huge stock of all colors and lengths synthetic wigs so Id be able to compare colors on the spot.

I looked and they have a very good rating. Not sure what you meant.

Dirty blonde - if you want mixed shades, Paula Young has that. Her 17101 color is a very natural subdued blond-ish non-flashy color. Not at all yellow.

One can cut a too-tight wig at the bottom, at the back, to make it looser.

You can also tighten a wig with the little hooks they put in. I cut those off when I don't need them.

real

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 8:30 pm
that store has some dirty blonde ones now- they seem to be used, or new European hair wigs- not too many synthetic ones
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels