Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I love living in Israel. LOL

Liba

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 12:12 pm
I bought a small rolling table with baskets to hold potatoes at a local hardware store this morning. They carefully took down all of my information and were to deliver it this evening.

I just got a phone call from my US credit card. They had the credit card company in Israel and the owner of the store on the line. The store had lost the note and called the credit card company in Israel to try to get my phone number or address. They didn't have it since it was an American card so they contacted the bank that I have the credit card through in the US. They called me but had little clue why since neither of the people in Israel spoke enough English to explain themselves.

Once I confirmed that I had made a purchase (which wasn't easy with the US agent trying to say the store name LOL) they conferenced with the store, I gave my address and phone number again (in Hebrew) and then I got to explain to the bewildered and awed credit card agent in the US that they were just looking for my address again since they lost the slip they had written on, and all was fine. She was in shock.

LOL I love living in Israel. It is an amazing adventure.

Inspired

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 12:23 pm
Awesome. So Israel.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 1:24 pm
so funny! only in israel...

I told the story to dh and he was laughing also

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 8:54 pm
Love Israel! LOL

grin

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 1:00 am
Thumbs Up

ti's nice to be reminded again of the main reason I love living here - the people and their inner love and warmth for the fellow Jew!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions