Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Crocs - real vs fake

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 3:38 am
What have you found to be the difference? Is it really worth spending the extra money, or are fakes just as good, comfort-wise?
I'm on my feet a lot and need to be comfortable. I only wear them around the house.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 3:41 am
I find real Crocs much more comfortable and long-lasting than fake ones. It depends how sensitive your feet are.

Barbs

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 9:21 am
Agree with Isramom8.
Had a pair of fakes and reals for myself and the kids. The fakes did not last long and they aren't comfy.
They start looking worn out and old very quickly as appose to the real crocs.

rachelbg

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 12:34 pm
I got a cheap, dinky pair in Israel at a 10 shek store so I could go on a water-tour. I've been wearing them an entire year and a half later. Smile They are also an obnoxiously conspicuous color, but I haven't minded. I think they're great!

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 1:08 am
So I did buy myself a pair of crocs in the end, and I'm loving them!

StrongIma

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 2:59 am
the fakes are plastic and don't let your feet breath; you don't sweat in the real ones.
(I heard that Crocs went -or almost- out of business because they were too durable.)

mizle10

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 5:37 am
StrongIma wrote:
the fakes are plastic and don't let your feet breath; you don't sweat in the real ones.
(I heard that Crocs went -or almost- out of business because they were too durable.)

Yup. They were lasting too long, so noone was buying new ones. They actually ended up filing for bankruptcy. Probably why they started so many new designs...gives people a reason to buy new ones.

ewa-jo

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 5:49 am
I wear crocs inside the house too. My mom got me a pair or fake crocs because she found them for sooooo cheap. Well, I wore them once and the plastic was so hard it didn't feel comfortable after a few minutes, so I ended up giving them away.

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 6:39 am
I got (real) crocs when dd was born & basically lived in them for 3 yrs (in my house) till they ripped. I got a new pair this past Summer.

This time of year there are all sorts of sales to be found, so they might not end up being that expensive.

StrongIma

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 9:06 am
the soles of fake crocs also tend to wear out -they can become quite slippery and dangerous, esp. on steps.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 9:58 am
I just got my DD's real crocs (next size) 2 for $10.

wwmom

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 11:40 am
Chayalle wrote:
I just got my DD's real crocs (next size) 2 for $10.

Where did you get such a great deal?

miami85

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 6:28 pm
Try these, Sloggers Unis, I bought mine over 3 yrs ago and I haven't yet thought about replacing them--still just as comfy! They run a little cheaper than crocs, and though they don't have the color selection as crocs--I also only wear them around the house, I LOVE them! I even had a heel spur at one point and couldn't walk barefoot--and these were a lifesaver. I found mine at Target in the gardening section, but they have a website sloggers.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars