Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss buddy out there?
Previous  1  2

french fries

Post Thu, Dec 22 2011, 7:21 am
Did you consider weight watchers? I lost 80 pounds on it. I did gain some back. That's why I'm trying it again. I lost all the weight while I was nursing. Now I'm past menopause and its so much harder to lose weight.

yb

Post Thu, Dec 22 2011, 12:22 pm
I've done WW in the past, but I felt the weighing in was very stressful (make/break my week!) and I ended up losing--and then gaining everything back.

I have found in the past that making small goals and changes in diet have been just as efficient for me, so that's what I'm doing now.

Thanks to all of you for joining in, may it work for us all this time!

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Dec 22 2011, 1:16 pm
I emergency need to loss at least 15 lbs for my bil's wedding in mid/end feb2012 and then my niece 's a month later. I don't fit into ANYTHING!!! I'm 30 lbs more than I was 2 years ago. have a huge tush and stomach. as if I was pregnant! it goes so far to say that one little nephew (dh's brother's son) told my other little nephew (sis's son) - they are classmates in cheder - that I'm going to have a baby soon. " Y? " -- "cuz I'm fat/have a fat stomach and when your fat this way - it means your gonna have a baby.... embarrassed embarrassed
so I'm in!

as for dieting. I'm trying to eat lots of vegetables. not to much snacking and when I do, its (almost) exclusively on fruits or other healthy stuff.
and walking every day for like half hour. run for 10 min or so.

what do you say? can I go down 15 lbs in 2 months??

yb

Post Thu, Dec 22 2011, 9:06 pm
Probably, but eating fruits isn't always a good thing (lots of sugar!)

Drink lots of water. I'm starving right now, so I'm going to take my own advice and drink a glass. That'll trick my system into thinking I ate. (Trying to cut down on nighttime snacking!)

yb

Post Thu, Dec 22 2011, 9:06 pm
How is everyone else doing with this week's goal?

french fries

Post Thu, Dec 22 2011, 9:27 pm
Till now over Chanukah, I have not had a donut or chocolate coins. I did have have some latkes but they were fried in Pam. That's better than most years.

yb

Post Sat, Dec 24 2011, 9:56 pm
french fries wrote:
Till now over Chanukah, I have not had a donut or chocolate coins. I did have have some latkes but they were fried in Pam. That's better than most years.

That's great! Good job!

today was much harder than the end of the week because it's hard to eat salad for shabbos lunch! Smile

Back on track tomorrow, I pray. How is everyone else doing?

Tweedy

Post Sat, Dec 24 2011, 10:15 pm
No latkes no doughnuts no chocolate coIns!! Absolutely none of those things so far Very Happy

Pinkerella

Post Sat, Dec 24 2011, 10:45 pm
I'm going to join in. I've been off the bandwagon since Sukkos and I've got to get back on. I'm going to be realistic and not make any real plans until my kids are back in school on Tues. But I will try not to overeat and try to exercise at night.

yb

Post Fri, Jan 13 2012, 1:25 pm
Did everyone stick to a diet over the last two weeks? No one has been posting, so I'm trying to keep up the thread.

Very happy to report that I have lost 5 pounds since Hannukah! B"H

Any other good news out there? Advice, suggestions, chizzuk?
Shabbat shalom!

Tzutzie

Post Fri, Jan 13 2012, 4:05 pm
Hi. I have great great great news!!! I lost 2 lbs!!! Now, u probably think I'm insane. What is Sooo great about 2 silly lbs? But it is great news cuz I've NEVER lost weight before! Always went up up up....

Btw, I didn't loose the lbs through eating less.... I walked FAST every day for half hour and ran for about 10 min on a treadmill...
Gotta loose some more!
There is a loose '30 lbs in 30 days' diet thing I think ok gonna try it... Will c. gotta discuss it w/my doc cuz it is. Very drastic thing for the body.... Whatever. Gotta run shower. Git shabbos.
Btw, I hope there is no typo repress as I'm on mobile.... (Comp packed away already)

yb

Post Sat, Jan 14 2012, 8:04 pm
congrats tzutzie!! 2lbs is amazing, no matter what. Every pound is a lot of hard work to take off.

Great job! Keep it up. I will try to do the same.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise