Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How much have you done?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Tefila

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 8:23 pm
Ok so I've done 3 bedrooms and playroom 3 more bedrooms to go. Plus the rest of the house. I w/h my kids help, do basic pesach clean then a few days b/4 we have an agency w/h 3-4 cleaning crew come for a day and do a thourough job Rolling Eyes That anyway me and my husband go over Smile
Uh do I make sense Rolling Eyes

Sunshine

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 9:49 pm
Go Freilich! Lets post what we did so we can feel happy and accomplished and cheer each other on.

raizy

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 10:15 pm
I posted that I did the kitchen first then the rest of the house .. well that is the worse idea I had in my whole life...
I am recleaning the whole kitchen now..... what was I thinking with 4 kids who couldnt care less if paschah is tommorow... chametz everywhere.
and I am working till next week weds 2:30 p.m. help .....

please anybody send me a lifesaver bc I am drowning.....

roza

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 10:27 pm
this year we got a cleaning guy to help me clean for pesach. he is great help! may be you can hire some student or bochur to help you clean.

imaamy

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 12:20 am
Today I did notice a few crumbs in the cabinets. That is the extent of it. I'm in trouble! LOL

Motek

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 11:31 am
nah, you'll be all right
has anybody heard of anybody who didn't sit down at a seder, chometz-free? a single person who just didn't get their act together and make it in time?

rhetorical question ...

sarahd wrote:
I have given up on cleaning. I am never going to get everything done and anyhow we're going away for Pesach, so why make myself crazy?

why indeed? I give up.

Quote:
(Although I really shouldn't go a whole year without thoroughly cleaning my pots. )

uh, so sometimes you put dirty pots away in the cabinet? shock

maybe someone can enlighten me as to the purpose of rewashing pots, pans, and dishes that were already washed (which is why they are in the cabinets!)

Quote:
All I am concentrating on now is spring cleaning. I polished the furniture that's polishable and have to do the windows and zehu zeh.

if you like doing that kinda thing ... Wink Nothing to do with Pesach of course, especially when you're going away anyway. Wanna feel a part of the general cleaning atmosphere sarahd? wanna be able to share cleaning anecdotes with friends (like on this forum)? sigh ...

Tefila

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 12:33 pm
But Motek thats the only opportunity one gets to spring clean too, who does it any other time? Confused

Motek

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 12:34 pm
the ONLY opportunity? come on ...

mother of 2 princess's

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 2:49 pm
hi guys
well im actually quite proud of myself if I say so myself
I didnt make pesach last year and in previous years just been at home chol hamoed and last days
this year were doing both sedarim and the whole of pesah
we have a 4 bedroom house
so iv done the whole of upstairs
and cleared out cleaned and lined a few cuboreds for pesach stuff. and cleaned all my cuboreds in my kitchen that im not using for pesach. done one of my fridge freezers. been to the butcher the lady who sells paperwear and the fish shop. still need to go to the supermarket and the kosher shop. im changing over on monday and we will eat pesach meals in the eve. and cereal and peanut and jelly sandwiches for lunch and breakfast in the garden.

hadasa

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 3:14 pm
Motek - I may be mistaken, but I think many people's Minhag is to scrub the pots before Pesach to get off any grime that collects around the handles or that's burnt into the bottom, or other stuff that doesn't come off with the usual washing (unless you're a very meticulous pot-washer all year round). Since the Chabad Minahg is to sell even actual Chametz, we certainly don't worry about stuf stuck to pots that doesn't bother us all year round.

sarahd

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 3:28 pm
Whew! Thanks, hadasa. I do not put away dirty pots, Motek, embarrassed but I also don't Easy-off burnt on grease and such each time I cook.

The reason I was going to do spring cleaning now is - true - because now is the season. Everyone's cleaning, so am I. I know myself, and I am not going to start cleaning after Pesach. It's now or never?!

roza

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 4:08 pm
One more room and kitchen are left to clean and one car.
but shopping and cooking has to be done too...

so you can put 'easy off' on the bottom of the burned pots and pans??? Scratching Head

sarahd

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 4:13 pm
roza wrote:

so you can put 'easy off' on the bottom of the burned pots and pans??? Scratching Head

Depends what the pots are made of. Actually, I use that St. Moritz spray. It emits terrible fumes, but works like a dream.

Motek

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 4:36 pm
hadasa wrote:
I may be mistaken, but I think many people's Minhag is to scrub the pots before Pesach to get off any grime that collects around the handles or that's burnt into the bottom, or other stuff that doesn't come off with the usual washing

no doubt women do it, I just wonder why

is it truly a Torah-based minhag or the now-or-never philosophy?

Tefila

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 5:06 pm
Quote:
or the now-or-never philosophy?

Think u hit the nail on the head there LOL

ilvmommyhood

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 5:14 pm
done. just have the car left and to cover the dining room table.

We will be eating pesadick now. We basically do anyway because of food allergies. My husband gets crackers and bread and keeps it in his work fridge until pesach with cheese or chumas. The kids don't notice unless I say something. I am very creative with my cooking so they miss nothing. I start really cooking sunday. Menus today, and shopping list motzei shabbos. Shopping sunday and sunday night I will put up sugar and potatoes for potato starch.

Sunshine

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 6:05 pm
Wow!!! Some ppl are really ahead of the game. I still think I am doing ok but it is good to see others are too. The bedrooms are all clean and I started to wipe down the fridge and stove so I will only have to go over again lightly on Sun. Shabbos is chametz. When I started with the kitchen I was suddenly hit with the reality that Pesach is almost here. I can't believe in a few days my kitchen will be covered!!! AHAHAH!!! Am I the only one that is feeling a "little" overwhelmed? I am trying to take breaks and keep the music on to calm my nerves. Pesach is such a big job between cleaning and covering and cooking. Boy do I appreciate my mother!!! This is my first Pesach and we are having a lot of guests!

Tefila

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 6:29 pm
Quote:
Am I the only one that is feeling a "little" overwhelmed? I am trying to take breaks and keep the music on to calm my nerves. Pesach is such a big job between cleaning and covering and cooking. Boy do I appreciate my mother!!!

Nah we are still not there, by wednesday though ia"h we'll be Very Happy

mom3boys

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 7:05 pm
I hired a cleaning lady to help with pesach cleaning Smile , all was well, the last two visits, today she didn't show up Mad . For a while I was feeling panicked shock , but I think I have it together now (I think). My upstairs is done, I'll just close off the basement (all the toys), maybe wash a few. All that's left is: Living room,
Dining room,
Den
Kitchen Crying
Shopping
Cooking
Just realized that locking the basement is not an option, my sister and her family are coming to stay, so I can add basement to my list. Very Happy

curlyhead

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 12:58 am
today had a cleaning lady to do my stove. that is the one job I dislike the most about pesach cleaning.I so I just have to go over itto make sure she got everything. Monday I have 4 hours of cleaning help hopefully they'll finish the kitchen. All I have to do is finish the living room. No more cooking. Shabbos is already ready and the rest of the time I have frozen food or we will go out. My kitchen (stove and sinks) has to be ready by monday night so we leave it 24hours to kasher on tuesday night and the rest of the house has to be finished by wednesday morning when the carpet cleaners are coming,
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics