Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How much have you done?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

roza

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 1:05 am
sarahd wrote:
roza wrote:

so you can put 'easy off' on the bottom of the burned pots and pans???

Depends what the pots are made of. Actually, I use that St. Moritz spray. It emits terrible fumes, but works like a dream.

wow, my stainless steel pots are shining from all sides!
I should of read the label of 'easy off' Mr. Green - it's for use on stainless steel (like pots, sink), undecorated ceramic, glass (cleaned my glass stove top easily), porcelein, enamel, iron.
it worked fine on glass baking pans.
so it's not just grill and oven!
ty for the tip.

Sunshine

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 1:40 am
Just finished cleaning a case of 120-140 chickens with my husband! Boy am I tired!!!

deedee

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 1:47 am
does that mean u started cooking already? shock

my freezer is starting to look empty! I went food shopping tonite and I actually only bought stuff for shabbos!

Tefila

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 9:00 am
Quote:
Just finished cleaning a case of 120-140 chickens with my husband! Boy am I tired!!!

What do u mean by cleaning, I didn't know anyone till now who did that nowadays? shock

hindyandrafi

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 3:09 pm
In answering on this thread, I have to admit to being one lucky woman..... My husband B"H is a gift from shamayim,...hes done everything this year, as Ive been on limited orders for the last week,a nd will be having a baby IY"H right befire yomtov...
So far he did the whole upstairs, both the cars, and all the food shopping...

I know im lucky!!!

Sunshine

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 6:03 pm
I mean that I take off the clumps of fat and hanging pieces of skin. This time I collected the fat and will use it for shmaltz. Freilich do you cook the chicken as is? Also sometimes the chicken comes with feathers. Sad so I take those off too. After I cleaned the chickens I froze them in disposable pans so later I will just have to put lemon juice onions and bake. Makes it easier. I didn't start cooking and won't start the kitchen till after Shabbos.

Tefila

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 7:46 pm
Quote:
Freilich do you cook the chicken as is? Also sometimes the chicken comes with feathers. so I take those off too.

Ok so we buy already cut up chicken, we also use the skin and clean insides but way easier then left whole and w/h feathers!

sarahd

Post Sat, Apr 16 2005, 4:56 pm
freilich, she didn't mean actual feathers, she meant pinfeathers. Don't your chickens come with pinfeathers? Actually, quite a while ago I read somewhere that chickens in Canada have to have even the pinfeathers removed before they're sold and I've been wanting to ask you Canadian ladies if that's so. Is it?

Sunshine

Post Sat, Apr 16 2005, 10:42 pm
Right sarad it comes with pokes but once in a while a few feathers are still on. shock Mad It is gross. We also get our chickens cut up but they need fat/skin trimming still.

roza

Post Sat, Apr 16 2005, 11:08 pm
sarahd wrote:
freilich, she didn't mean actual feathers, she meant pinfeathers. Don't your chickens come with pinfeathers? Actually, quite a while ago I read somewhere that chickens in Canada have to have even the pinfeathers removed before they're sold and I've been wanting to ask you Canadian ladies if that's so. Is it?

yes it's true- these are canadian CHAI chickens- they sell them in states too- they are clean and taste better then Aarons one. Aaron's chickens need cleaning, unless you buy legs or breast only.

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 12:12 am
Quote:
yes it's true- these are canadian CHAI chickens- they sell them in states too- they are clean and taste better then Aarons one. Aaron's chickens need cleaning,

Thank-You Roza yep, thats how it is ladies didn't know it was different elsewhere Confused

sarahd

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 4:32 am
[quote="roza
yes it's true- these are canadian CHAI chickens- they sell them in states too- they are clean and taste better then Aarons one..[/quote]

Where are they available?? How much do they cost?? I HATE cleaning chickens.
Quote:

Aaron's chickens need cleaning, unless you buy legs or breast only

Legs also need cleaning, unfortunately. And wings, oh my!! Mad

sarahd

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 4:32 am
[quote="roza]
yes it's true- these are canadian CHAI chickens- they sell them in states too- they are clean and taste better then Aarons one..[/quote]

Where are they available?? How much do they cost?? I HATE cleaning chickens.

Quote:

Aaron's chickens need cleaning, unless you buy legs or breast only

Legs also need cleaning, unfortunately. And wings, oh my!! Mad[/quote]

roza

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 5:40 am
you can call or email them - if they sell it in your place. they sell those chickens in our city. a little more expensive though....
====================

CHAI POULTRY INC. / CHAI KOSHER POULTRY
Type: Chicken, Turkey, Mature chicken, Duck

Local address:
115 SAULTER STREET

TORONTO
ONT
M4M 3K8

Mailing address:
Tel./Fax: (F = Fax, I = Inspector)
(416) 462-1313
(416) 462-1758/F
Email: cw@chaipoultry.com

Motek

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 10:37 am
hmmm, where are the disapproving posts that ask:

what's the purpose of this thread?

why make others jealous because you're going away and don't have to do any work at all?

why make others jealous because you're ahead of the game?

what's the purpose in saying who's up to what?

who says other people can afford cleaning help?

who says husbands are able or willing to help?

my point? I wonder whether those who voice complaints in other threads, along these lines, are sincerely concerned ... I'm wondering about consistency of approach

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 12:12 pm
Quote:
why make others jealous because you're going away and don't have to do any work at all?

Lol Motek LOL

However this thread is something you and I have 2 do. It pertains directly to us women maybe, or perhaps the other thread brings our husbands in.
Even though we are taught not to be jealous Tongue Out

supermom

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 1:48 pm
my mil's father obm use to be a butcher and once a lady came in and looking at the chickens started to examine them for left over feathers and what not. so he looked up at her and said to her can you pass the examination too?

wings I think are gross!! no offense to anyone who likes wings all those feathers and skin ewww. I can't even come to touch them. why do people like them arent' they all skin and feathers and no meat?

supermom

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 1:52 pm
what you can do with chicken that makes it really juicy not sure how to substitute it for pesach but it is really good anyway (most of the cooking time is done when it is in the water, of course)

take the chicken and put it in boiling water (fire is off though) for twenty minutes. take out pat dry and put it in the fridge over night covered with wax paper.

in the morning bass with honey and spices every twenty minutes always returning it back to the fridge. do this four times. the last time leave it in the fridge for two hours. then take it out cut it in eight pieces and etiher deep fry it for five minutes or bake as usual but for a half an hour or less if it is done.

Motek

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 8:27 pm
roza wrote:
One more room and kitchen are left to clean and one car.
but shopping and cooking has to be done too...

I have plenty more than the kitchen left to do, and our car was totaled a few weeks ago. Also need to shop for food, so there's something to cook. Happy now?

Sunshine

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 8:37 pm
our car was totaled a few weeks ago [/quote]

Oy! Were there any ppl in it when it happened? Is everyone ok? What a time for that to happen! If you don't mind sharing what happened?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics