Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I think it's a faulty system! am I responsible?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 12:16 pm
I subscribed to a Jewish magazine recently and was not told that they delivered the magazines instead of mailing them. I live in a large building of jews and nonjews in brooklyn and after not receiving the magazine for weeks I called to complain. They told me they had been delivering it for 3 weeks so far and they put it in the front lobby (apparently that's how they deliver to all buildings), no one in my family has seen any magazines lying around so we presume they were taken. This morning DH found it on his way to work and brought it up. There was no name, address, or label - nothing indicating that it belonged to me or anyone.
What can be done here? I can't wait once a week the entire morning, down 3 flights of stairs with a newborn, for a magazine!
Also should I be charged for those first few weeks? If no, whats the best way to deal with it?
Anyone live in a building? What do you do?

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 12:26 pm
That's not normal. I live in a building and have a neighbor who subscribes to practically everything (Hamodia, Yated, Binah, Mishpacha, and am I forgetting anything?) and I see them at her door (and we are in a big building with a doorman, the delivery person would have to really get in) with an address label. I know all about it because she always asks me to take them in when she's not home. At the door, like clockwork, with label.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 2:01 pm
We have home delivery here of all the publications (except Yated). They are left outside my front door (private home) and have no label on them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette