Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help with deiting never did this before

amother

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 8:34 pm
I was just digenosed with psoc and was told I should lose some weight t I was never overweight I did gain about 10 pounds in the last year and a half which never happens and I am shocked that I am now I don't know how do do this the right way and I am a hungry and don't know what I should eat help me make a diet plan with good snacks

amother

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 8:38 pm
I also have pros and my RE just put me on a low carb diet. I would love a list of snacks. I'm always hungry!!!! Hopefully you find a balance that works.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 8:46 pm
amother wrote:
I also have pros and my RE just put me on a low carb diet. I would love a list of snacks. I'm always hungry!!!! Hopefully you find a balance that works.

I hope it works for you too and I am trying to do a low carb diet but I love carbs

amother

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 10:01 pm
Another amother. I've tried every diet out there even the wackiest ones. IMHO based on decades of dieting experience the most balanced is Weight watchers. It worked for me...MANY times. That's because I don't learn my lesson and gain it back. Rolling Eyes embarrassed If I were you I'd do that. You don't have to think too much either, its quite straightforward. I'm joining again Crying

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 10:09 pm
the best diets are those that give you a certain amount of each food group.

ex:

3-4 carbs
4-5 proteins
2-3 fats
3-4 fruits

each day depending on your hight, weight, build, life stage etc.

you should also eat lots of non starchy veggies, drink loads of water (approx 8 cups a day), and do some exercise at least a few times a week.

10 pounds is not alot of weight to lose. if you catch yourself now before it gets out of control you can lose the weight in a matter of weeks.

feel free to pm me if you need more specific tips. I have been watching my weight since I was ten years old and know pretty much all the right and wrong ways to go about it.

SS6099

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 10:18 am
The best approach for PCOS is to link your carbs and proteins. This will prevent sugar spike from eating plain carbs/sugar, and you'll feel more satisfied.
Lots of veggies and exercise is VERY important, especially for PCOS'ers.
PM me if you have more questions!

amother

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 10:50 am
ds6099 wrote:
The best approach for PCOS is to link your carbs and proteins. This will prevent sugar spike from eating plain carbs/sugar, and you'll feel more satisfied.

What dose it mean link your carbs and protoin so far today I had 2 eggs wiyh salsa for breckfast ( my dd eat some of it) and an orange for a snack but I am so hungry I have a pice of talipa with a green peper for lunch
And foe exersize I dont drive so I am alwas walking

SS6099

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 10:57 am
Meaning, do NOT avoid carbs completely. You seem to be undereating and that's what's causing you to be starving.
Examples: Eat whole wheat bread (carb) with eggs (protein). Salsa is a vegetable.
Tuna and crackers
rice cakes with peanut butter
chicken and sweet potatoes
Just to name a few.
A fruit is ok to eat on its own since it's not too high in carbs and the fiber counteracts.

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 11:11 am
ds6099 wrote:

that is interesting because there are theories out there (I think the rambam talks about it) about comletely seperating your carbs and proteins. It has to do with the breakdown and digestion being totally different in nature so you should not mix them.

meaning have a plate of pasta but dont have it together with meatballs. seemed like an interesting approuch.

OP- your diet does not seem very balanced. I think you may want to go to a nutritionist a couple times (maybe one who specializes in pcos) and see what they recommend.

carbs can be ok if you keep them healthy and eat them in small amounts

Laughing Bag!

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 11:11 am
imho from my experience you'd need more protein when you eat less carbs but you also need to let youre body get used to the change. if you usually ate bread ever day your body is used to "feel" full from the carbs making you "feel" hungry now. BTDT.
I'm eating less carbs myself and it took a while ( few months irreligious ) but by now I can eat scrambled eggs (3 or 4) with cheese/veg/sour cream (no carbs sometimes a rice cake but usually not) and not feel hungry at all till suppertime Smile
good luck!

amother

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 11:50 am
Op here
Thank all for the advice today is really my frist day trying well and last night dinner so I got whole weat pita to go with my fish for lunch I do eat lots of carbs and junk and cheese I justreally need to go shopping for good foods
And my re did tell me he has a nutrismt who can work with me

SS6099

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 12:50 pm
Different things work differently for different body types.
For those with PCOS, in which the body doesn't process insulin properly, this is the best approach. If you don't have to watch your carb/sugar intake, that's fantastic and yes, eating carbs only won't spike your sugar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise